Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RDSS MAJOR problems (resolved pending update) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11478)

poweshow 02-22-2018 10:43 PM

Is there a chance we get the release before the weekend? I would absolute hate for these problems to pop up again during the weekend when I'm seriously playing and wagering hundreds of dollars. At the least perhaps we could get the release and keep the old version around so we can jump to the other if either goes down.

Ted Craven 02-23-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweshow (Post 114351)
Is there a chance we get the release before the weekend? I would absolute hate for these problems to pop up again during the weekend when I'm seriously playing and wagering hundreds of dollars. At the least perhaps we could get the release and keep the old version around so we can jump to the other if either goes down.

There are a couple of issues in testing which are important enough that I resolve them before releasing an update broadly (scratch reporting, sorting). I hope I can release something for this weekend, but there's a chance I might miss that.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that the single issue which interrupted RDSS last Monday will not recur immediately (outdated Brisnet URL hit failed badly rather than gracefully). That event was much more uncommon than common. For example, just try typing in your browser: www.rdss2.com/thisisabadURL (or www.google.com/thislinkdoesnotexist) - you will at least get an immediate failure notice, which RDSS would be able to handle no problem. The Monday problem was because the failure notice took a long time to come back, which is not normal, which was fixed by Brisnet on Tuesday. (And RDSS should not be hitting that old Brisnet Supertote link, which is among the changes to the forthcoming update).

Anyway - I hope that gives a bit of confidence that perhaps we have a few more days to get a new update which will not have unacceptable bugs. I absolutely agree though with you that it would be a shame to lose ANY more time being able to use RDSS profitably, which is why I am releasing an update rather earlier than I otherwise had planned to.

Ted

Dorianmode 02-24-2018 01:36 PM

No probs for me
 
Maybe it's all resolved now ... but I have :
1709 (OS Build 16299.248),
and have had no problems this week, and it's working now.
I know it was fine on Thursday 2/22 for me also.

I have no problems ... :rolleyes:

Ted Craven 02-24-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorianmode (Post 114378)
Maybe it's all resolved now ... but I have :
1709 (OS Build 16299.248),
and have had no problems this week, and it's working now.
I know it was fine on Thursday 2/22 for me also.

I have no problems ... :rolleyes:

Thanks Doc! Yes, looks like back in order now, but still working feverishly to get an update. Looks like next week, by now ...

Ted

poweshow 03-02-2018 10:41 PM

Please tell me with March here and big-time prep races beginning we're going to have our tote back. We desperately need this live tote back, absolutely desperately.

Jeebs 03-03-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweshow (Post 114579)
Please tell me with March here and big-time prep races beginning we're going to have our tote back. We desperately need this live tote back, absolutely desperately.

Poweshow,

Ted would be doing a great disservice to the group by releasing an RDSS version that was littered with bugs, generated incomplete or incorrect information, or locked up/froze up. All of which could have adverse effect on your bankroll. Even though the current release can't support tote, and going back and forth between RDSS and an ADW is inconvenient, I think you would agree that it's better than nothing and at least the data is accurate and stable.

Ted is going about this the right way. It is probably a blessing that the bug from a few weeks ago didn't persist, as it may have rushed a not quite ready for prime time release to us just to avoid that bug. Since it was a one time fluke, it bought time enough to bring this closer to perfection.

Thank you Ted for all you do!

Ted Craven 03-03-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweshow (Post 114579)
Please tell me with March here and big-time prep races beginning we're going to have our tote back. We desperately need this live tote back, absolutely desperately.

Poweshow - I hear and accept the urgency of your plea! Yes, absolutely the tote will return very shortly. This weekend is a big one for testing the remaining few items of what will be a 2-part update. First, next week, the previously existing tote functionality returns, along with a number of other enhancements to V2.1. Next, in March, the remainder of the tote and new race-day info from the new tote system (all Scratches/Changes, mutuels, ProfitLine, auto-export to modeling), along with long overdue secure access to TrackMaster downloads (HTTPS).

Got to get it right (enough) at each software release stage that any bugs I missed don't stop folks dead in their tracks :eek:.

A tip of the hat to my (anonymous) long suffering early testers ... :D

Ted

rdiam 03-03-2018 09:02 AM

I completely agree with Jeebs. Ted's efforts should not be underestimated. Patience is a virtue.

poweshow 03-03-2018 10:37 AM

I hate how patient and correct you guys are all the time... it's disgusting. Perhaps one of you fine gentlemen can teach me some patience someday, especially on the track.

Thanks y'all

The Pook 03-14-2018 11:52 AM

Ted

Profitline is not downloading again. I am not prompted to log in to Twinspires as usual. Yet the red dots show up saying Profitline is downloaded. I am not using the latest update. I am using the one from last November. Has the connection expired and is now working in the new format you keep promising?

Pook

Ted Craven 03-14-2018 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pook, it looks and acts normal today for me.

Attachment 45854

If you see the 'red dots' on a Card Summary screen it means a ProfitLine file of data was downloaded for this track today. Look for it in the Folder (for example): C:\Rdss2.1\Data\ProfitLine\2018\20180314\ TAM today would be file: 20180314-TAM.htm

If that file is there (because the 'red dots' are there) - it means somehow you downloaded ProfitLine for that track today. So far, nothing happens without the user manually requesting PL figs and logging in to TwinSpires, and certainly not in the old versions.

Any other ideas?

Ted

The Pook 03-14-2018 12:58 PM

Those files are in the folder but contain 0kb. Like I said normally when I hit the Profitline button in the summary screen I am prompted to login to Twin spires. When I do that I go back to the summary screen and hit the button again. There is a small wait while the red dots appear. Then when I assemble a race the PL horses are shown along with all scratches.

Today when I hit the Profit Line button there is no login screen and the red dots indicating PL etc. immediately light up. But the are no PL listings and no scratches.

That is why I was wondering whether this new connection method that you have been writing about has kicked in leaving the old one useless.

Pook

Ted Craven 03-14-2018 01:03 PM

The 'new connection method' relates only to TrackMaster, not to TwinSpires.

Can you login to TS via the button on the RDSS Desktop? Are the UID and PWD for TwinSpires stored and presented in RDSS on the 'Please Login' RDSS page still correct? Can you login to TS outside of RDSS in your browser with the same UID/PWD?

It seems somehow you are not able to login to TS. RDSS is incorrectly thinking you have, and downloads en empty file.

Ted

The Pook 03-14-2018 01:16 PM

Says it can’t find the server. I download from Trackmaster okay. Outside of the RDSS browser I get in to TS fine. But from within RDSS no dice.

Pook

fastcharlie55 03-14-2018 01:24 PM

Online now working fine

Ted Craven 03-14-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 114854)
Says it can’t find the server. I download from Trackmaster okay. Outside of the RDSS browser I get in to TS fine. But from within RDSS no dice.

Pook

Remind me - you're using Windows XP within Mac OS? Any chance that Windows version got updated in the last while since things were working OK for you? I can think of one setting (in the Windows Registry) which RDSS watches out for to permit its internet access from being blocked by some websites requiring secure access - TwinSpires has been among those.

We'd have to troll among settings in your Registry since RDSS seems unable to do that job itself - to see what a particular setting is and then reset it. If you want to, let's do that by email then a phone call, just let me know.

But those and other old oddities are why I am upgrading the internet access components in the next update - which should do away with issues like that (if indeed what I have described is what is causing the problem). For TrackMaster access, but also for all other authenticated and non-authenticated web sites access (perhaps including TwinSpires).

Let me know.

Ted

The Pook 03-14-2018 02:13 PM

Ted

I don’t know of any updates or changes since yesterday when everything was fine. Parallels sometimes updates on its own but has been no notification recently. Weird. PM me with things I can look for in the registry.

Pook

dogkatcher 03-14-2018 10:13 PM

Try loading from the Entries screen. Longshots sometimes win.

Ted Craven 03-16-2018 03:17 PM

This issue is resolved by the update: RDSS 2.1.048 and subsequent. Please report any RDSS 2.1 Bugs to the Bugs List, here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10575

Closing this thread.

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.