Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS 1: Bug Reports (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Any Bugs re NEW Version 0.98.6 - here please! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5553)

Ted Craven 04-26-2009 12:20 PM

Any Bugs re NEW Version 0.98.6 - here please!
 
.
Please post any comments or questions or bug issues re the new version 0.98.6, or problems loading the Kentucky Derby card, here please!

Ted

azbacks 04-26-2009 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ted......

I did the update and received this error.


Pete

azbacks 04-26-2009 06:56 PM

Ted.....

Neeeevvver mind. I had downloaded the Update version and was rewarded with the above. I went back and downloaded the Full version and everything is peachy.

Thanks, pete

Ted Craven 04-26-2009 07:22 PM

Pete,

Let me check to see if there's anything wrong with the Update version. Looked OK during testing though...

Ted Craven 04-26-2009 07:34 PM

:cool:OK, a problem I neglected to clarify is that to get the testing database (with the 2008 Derby) you need to download and install the Full Install, not the Update Install. If you renamed your existing database file (\rdss\data\data.db) in order to prepare for the testing database, and used the Update Install, you'd end up with no database.

I'll clarify that in the Release Notes.

Hope that solves things for you, Pete.

Ted

Late news: Actually I deleted the Update Install package - there's no real need for it. The Full Install download has shrunk to only 15 Mb, which is not too large, I think. Just pretend the Update Install never existed...:cool:

gandalf380 04-27-2009 09:13 AM

so far, so good. Memory problems seem to be greated decreased. I ran last year's derby and was able to run with all twenty horses.

porkchop 05-14-2009 01:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Ted! Just ran across something strange, thought you might be interested.

Earlier today I was using the FL and BEL cards for this coming friday, and everything was fine. Got home from work and downloaded the PIM card for friday as well.

When I opened up the date of 05/15/09 there was a card there titled SP5. Not sure where this came from? I tried to open the card and I recieved this error, followed by the program closing.

I reopened RDSS, opened all the other cards for the day to make sure everything was in working order, and it was fine. Opened up the mystery track again and recieved the same error. I'm not concerned about it, but I am curious as to what SP5 is...perhaps I have unlocked a secret level? ;)

RichieP 05-14-2009 05:28 AM

Morning "Chop"
Those are 3 simulcast races from South America that will be shown following the conclusion of Pimlico's live card. They get tossed in the mix when you grabbed Pim file.

Just click and get out of them :)

porkchop 05-15-2009 02:28 AM

Does this happen regularly on any tracks in particular?

I downloaded Thistledown, and received the same error. RDSS shuts down after receiving this error, so the card is not usable.

Ted Craven 05-15-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop (Post 54523)
Does this happen regularly on any tracks in particular?

I downloaded Thistledown, and received the same error. RDSS shuts down after receiving this error, so the card is not usable.

This is the same bug in a different scenario. The 'SP' coded tracks represent Simulcast Programming (often from South America) tacked onto the end of regular cards. As Richie says, just avoid any track codes labeled SP - I'll fix that in a future release.

The bug with Thistledown TDN and River Downs RD (Ohio tracks) has been observed and reported many times: these tracks sometimes run a co-mingled card, e.g. TDN runs races 1 3 5 7 9 and RD runs races 2 4 6 8 10 on the same day. The bug comes, like the SP 'cards', when RDSS assumes that the 3rd race listed on the card is actually race #3, when in the above examples it is not (instead it's race #5 and race #6 respectively).

I believe in the past, Kentucky Downs KD has run at the same time as Turfway Park TP and split their card this way. This does not always happen - sometimes TDN is all TDN and RD is all RD. To check on any given day if a TDN or RD card is co-mingled (and thus unworkable in RDSS), in the Data Centre, use the Ctrl+click feature to click on a given card to open the Equibase Entries page for that card in your browser and check if the card is co-mingled before downloading (and Paying) for it.

I apologize for this continued bug. It will be fixed in the next major release. Meanwhile, if you are paying for RDSS cards other than the unlimited plan, just send a note to TrackMaster (info@trackmaster.com) citing your name, TrackMaster User ID and the card (e.g. TDN 05/16 for RDSS) and they will issue you a refund.

Ted

clore1030 05-15-2009 08:19 AM

I didn't DL the Derby, but yesterday (Thursday, May 14) I could not load the seventh race at Belmont. I got to the entries page, noted the scratches, but three times I tried to load the race and each time the program crashed completely.

In 10 minutes, I had more crashes than I had with all previous versions of RDSS combined.

The rest of the card loaded fine.

Ted Craven 05-15-2009 08:40 AM

Charles,

There were 15 horses in that race, so it is possible that with the other programs you may have had running at the time, RDSS ran into a similar memory situation as the 20 horse KD card. I'm not sure if you said you actually scratched any horses from the card before loading the PPs (the recommended approach for the 20 horse Derby card), but that might work.

You could try rebooting your computer, not loading any other programs (browser, email, etc) then load RDSS and open that race. If it crashes, scratch a horse or 2 until it doesn't crash.

I know several users were able to load that race yesterday, so it does all depend on memory consumption for the particular combination of computer plus other software loaded.

Sorry for the crash!

(Next version will fix memory, blah, blah... :o)

Ted

clore1030 05-15-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 54529)
Charles,

There were 15 horses in that race, so it is possible that with the other programs you may have had running at the time, RDSS ran into a similar memory situation as the 20 horse KD card. I'm not sure if you said you actually scratched any horses from the card before loading the PPs (the recommended approach for the 20 horse Derby card), but that might work.

You could try rebooting your computer, not loading any other programs (browser, email, etc) then load RDSS and open that race. If it crashes, scratch a horse or 2 until it doesn't crash.

I know several users were able to load that race yesterday, so it does all depend on memory consumption for the particular combination of computer plus other software loaded.

Sorry for the crash!

(Next version will fix memory, blah, blah... :o)

Ted

I had rebooted between the first two failures and not opened any other program. Between the second and third tries, I didn't bother to reboot, but I did wait five minutes as I know some programs take a while to "dump."

I did scratch the horses prior to trying to start the analysis. With the weather we've had in NYC for the last two weeks, I wasn't sure we would even have turf racing so I waited until it seemed as if all scratches and conditions were proper.

Ted Craven 05-15-2009 04:09 PM

OK Charles. I'm not certain why it crashed with that few horses (i.e. less than 15 after you scratched some). If it does again like this, can you email me and I'll try to debug it with you as it's happening.

Ted

bet2windo 05-31-2009 05:10 PM

Error Number 35.
 
rdss 98.6 does not come anymore.

Error Number 35.
Error text=Error calling external object function license at line 13 in function of_init of object n_zip..
Window/Menu/Object=n_zip.
Error Object/Control=n_zip.
Script=of_init
Line in Script=13

Tanico 05-31-2009 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ted I keep getting the below error when I try and open and old race card. It happens only on one race usually,, per card. It does not happen on new race cards or today's just the older ones.

Ted Craven 05-31-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bet2windo (Post 55418)
rdss 98.6 does not come anymore.

Error Number 35.
Error text=Error calling external object function license at line 13 in function of_init of object n_zip..
Window/Menu/Object=n_zip.
Error Object/Control=n_zip.
Script=of_init
Line in Script=13

Fred,

Same answer as last time: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5526

A Windows Update has de-registered the ZIP handling routines used by RDSS. In an update to RDSS, I am either replacing those ZIP routines with something that Windows cannot tamper with, or attempting to recover from the problem automatically without annoying the user.

Sorry for the problem... :(

Ted

Ted Craven 05-31-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanico (Post 55419)
Ted I keep getting the below error when I try and open and old race card. It happens only on one race usually,, per card. It does not happen on new race cards or today's just the older ones.

Doug, I have seen this reported before, but alas never with good enough documentation as to when/why/who for me to be able to fix it. I understand the problem does not recur and recur, i.e. if you close the software and reopen and then open the same old race again (with previously selected pacelines, I presume), does the problem go away, or is that one race always throwing this error no matter how many times you re-open it?

In a new version of RDSS, I am opening old races with stored pacelines in a different way, so I am hoping that solves this occasionally recurring problem.

Ted

Tanico 06-01-2009 06:13 PM

Hi Ted, thank you for the reply. The problem is only intermittent and it does seem to repeat again on the same race. I tried a couple of times to reopen the bad race and it still would not open. It only happens on one race out of card. It also only effects very few race cards so its not really a concern. I just wanted you to know about it so you could fix in it for future versions and I can see you are trying to do that. :)

mlking 06-05-2009 07:54 PM

Hi Ted. I find that when there is a large field 10 horses and up RDSS shuts down when trying to call up the past performances. It happens sometimes even after scratches and there are less than 9 horses. When I restart RDSS it usually works. Any possible explanations?

Namaste:

Mike W.

Ted Craven 06-09-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlking (Post 55736)
Hi Ted. I find that when there is a large field 10 horses and up RDSS shuts down when trying to call up the past performances. It happens sometimes even after scratches and there are less than 9 horses. When I restart RDSS it usually works. Any possible explanations?

Namaste:

Mike W.

Yes, Mike (an explanation). In all cases, if you load up RDSS and go straight to that race which caused a crash with only 10 horses (or 12 or 14) you should be able to load it with no problems. The fact that it sometimes crashes when you switch to such a race after having worked with a number of other races means RDSS ran out of memory: it keeps a LOT of data and visual display info (fonts, colours, text attributes, column sizes graphic images, etc) and just runs out after a certain point.

As I've been mentioning, that core problem with memory management is what I am working on for the next release. RDSS will use a lot less resources and accomplish a lot more display, and more flexibly (i.e. different screen sizes). You should be able to have any number of races with full PPs open simultaneously, plus a number of new displays/print-outs

Hope you can hold on :)

Ted

mlking 06-09-2009 04:56 PM

Thanks Ted.

Namaste:

Mike W.

gandalf380 06-10-2009 04:06 PM

error in odds display
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ted:

RDSS seems to have a problem when odds are less than 1/5. It shows up as 0/5.

Ted Craven 06-11-2009 01:47 PM

Charlie, that's RDSS' way of saying 'don't bet this horse'. ;)

Seriously, thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Ted

mlking 06-13-2009 11:05 PM

Hi TEd,
Here's a problem I'm encountering for the first time. Tonight (Jun 13) I am trying todownload the card for CRC and Wo and was unable to. I receivec a message to the effect that I should refresh the available cards and try back in 15 minutesa and also to report the following error message to info@artof pace.com: C:\Rdss\Trk-last-error-msg.htm
Any explanations ?

Namaste:

Mike W.

Ted Craven 06-15-2009 03:52 PM

Mike,

Sometimes either the TrackMaster server is unreachable or your internet connection is not working, for whatever reason. That's what that message is saying - "I can't get to the TrackMaster server right now - please try again later'. Infrequently, it happens. The file named in the error message "C:\Rdss\Trk-last-error-msg.htm" might have more info about what the server reported, for debugging: in future, you're always welcomed to send it to me.

Did you manage to connect again and get your cards?

Another possibility, which happened to me the other day, is I was fooling with Microsoft Internet Explorer (a browser I never use, but the core of which, within WIndows, is used by RDSS for internet access) and managed to set its Online/Offline status to 'Offline'. When next I went to download within RDSS, I got the same message you got. I checked the direct access link to the TrackMaster RDSS files (the link on the Data Centre labeled RDSS Cards Webpage) and that worked (in Firefox) so I knew the problem was not with TrackMaster's Server, and managed to clue-in to switch that IE setting to Online.

You can always sleuth what the problem might be by trying that RDSS Cards Webpage directly. If you can get through that way (i.e. the very same way RDSS does) and using IE browser, RDSS should also be able to get through.

Ted

mlking 06-16-2009 12:45 AM

Thanks Ted. I waited a while and was able to download the cards. it appears that maybe Trackmaster's servers were down for maintenanace. I recall reading that in some of their literature sometime back. I think they have specific times of certain nights that there servers are down for maintenance.

Namaste:

Mike W.

bet2windo 06-30-2009 03:03 AM

expired 6/24/09?
 
i have been using version 0.98.6 that has been buggy(error messages when i start up rdss) but usable. today i couldn't download anything because the expiration is 06/24/09. i just started 04/09. my subscription is supposed to go to 4/30/10.

Ted Craven 06-30-2009 08:21 AM

Re the Expiry Date - it's a registration issue: please check your Private Messages.

Re bugs on starting up RDSS: are there any other bugs besides the one you reported earlier in this thread about the ZIP routines? If so, could you please describe them and I will try to help you out.

Ted

Maxspa 07-09-2009 09:11 PM

Class Rating?
 
Ted,
This may or may not be a bug as there may be an explanation I'm not aware of!
The problem begins when I need to scratch a horse. The class + APV ratings are given after the scratches are made. When I add the past performances another screen with class + APV ratings are given and today in race 5 at Belmont and in some other races as well, the ratings and horses are entirely different!
If I need to look past one set of ratings that will solve it for me but if it is a bug we need to get out the RAID!
Max


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.