Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   cat (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6159)

Rverge 09-24-2009 03:47 PM

cat
 
hello guys, i'm using vista and i need some help. after i have shut down, my one cat likes to lay on top the key board. the dork must have hit the on button, and while laying on the key board, hit some button or keys to make the text larger. how do i go back to the default text. on some pages i can zoom in or out, but just that page. also using "tools" and "view" neither can change back.
thanks for any help
obtw @ 2 @ ap 5th race today.

Rverge 09-24-2009 03:49 PM

i hear that laughter!

Rverge 09-24-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rverge (Post 60056)
hello guys, i'm using vista and i need some help. after i have shut down, my one cat likes to lay on top the key board. the dork must have hit the on button, and while laying on the key board, hit some button or keys to make the text larger. how do i go back to the default text. on some pages i can zoom in or out, but just that page. also using "tools" and "view" neither can change back.
thanks for any help
obtw @ 2 @ ap 5th race today.

never mind, i figured it out.:o:o all is ok
ps, quit laughing!

azbacks 09-24-2009 07:50 PM

LOL.....Buy the cat some contacts. That will stop it from changing font size.

alydar_ David 09-24-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rverge (Post 60057)
i hear that laughter!

Well, of course.

Everyone knows cats aren't good on keyboards.

However, they're great with printers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQRHdMRimw

barb craven 09-25-2009 07:27 AM

My black one is becoming an expert on the laptop, especially the enter key.

clore1030 09-25-2009 09:26 AM

Whether your cat is hitting the enter key or changing the font, be amused at what is done. My 14-year-old black cat died Wednesday morning, she loved to sit at my feet while I'm on the keyboard or sit right in front of the couch where I would be seated.

For the last two days, I'm still checking to make sure that she isn't underfoot.

mikesal57 09-25-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 60067)
Whether your cat is hitting the enter key or changing the font, be amused at what is done. My 14-year-old black cat died Wednesday morning, she loved to sit at my feet while I'm on the keyboard or sit right in front of the couch where I would be seated.

For the last two days, I'm still checking to make sure that she isn't underfoot.

I'm sorry for your loss, Charles..

I have a dog for 2 1/2 years now and I know how animals & people get so attached to each other and its hard to see them go.

mike

clore1030 09-25-2009 10:49 AM

Thanks Mike. I hadn't had a cat for about 15 years before I adopted this one. I get too attached if that's possible.

RichieP 09-25-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 60067)
Whether your cat is hitting the enter key or changing the font, be amused at what is done. My 14-year-old black cat died Wednesday morning, she loved to sit at my feet while I'm on the keyboard or sit right in front of the couch where I would be seated.

For the last two days, I'm still checking to make sure that she isn't underfoot.

I'm sorry for your loss Charles. Pretty cool how she would move to be next to you!

My Kianti is turning 13 next month and sight is starting to go. You are 100% right about making sure to "live in the moment".

My very best vibes to you man! :)

RichieP 09-25-2009 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rverge (Post 60056)
hello guys,

Hey "ML"
We have to work on hooking up to head to the Met Opera!

Never been to one and have to experience it at least once. We can get all dressed up and sip cognac and smoke Cubans
:eek::D

Tim Y 09-25-2009 11:07 AM

Cats are getting smarter and smarter since the internet is available to them daily. Name is Mocha: the runt of the litter who is now over 22 pounds.

clore1030 09-25-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieP (Post 60071)
I'm sorry for your loss Charles. Pretty cool how she would move to be next to you!


My Kianti is turning 13 next month and sight is starting to go. You are 100% right about making sure to "live in the moment".

My very best vibes to you man! :)

Thanks Rich.

I'd be here at the PC, working a race and get up to go inside to the living room to look at the odds and she would follow me.

It's gonna sound weird, but one nice thing about having a pet is getting to talk to yourself. I pretty much live alone, my son is only here to sleep. So, it wouldn't be unusual for me to say "Cuddles, I'm taking the garbage out, be right back."

barb craven 09-25-2009 02:10 PM

I'm so sorry Charles. Cats are so much company and, as you, say they are a good excuse to talk to yourself.

Mine (black and calico siblings) are 14 now and the older they get the more vocal and computer savvy they are. I talk to them all the time and don't know what I would do without them. Would you consider getting another one? Maybe an older one instead of a kitten?

All the best

Barb

Jonathan Steele 09-25-2009 02:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss, Charles; I know how painful it is. Try to keep all the good, happy memories in mind--not the sad departure. Speaking of which, we lost a little guy (only 7 years-old) on August 18th due to kidney failure. :( It really hurts, especially when it's way before their time.

Hang in there.

All the best,

Jon

clore1030 09-25-2009 02:37 PM

I'm thinking of getting another kitten. I want the experience of one growing up with me. My ex is trying to shove one of her cats upon me, but I know that one already and I would like the pleasure of picking one out on my own. I was the one who selected Cuddles, my last cat, it was one of those "love at first sight" things when we rescued her from the animal shelter.

Tim Y 09-25-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 60085)
I'm thinking of getting another kitten. I want the experience of one growing up with me. My ex is trying to shove one of her cats upon me, but I know that one already and I would like the pleasure of picking one out on my own. I was the one who selected Cuddles, my last cat, it was one of those "love at first sight" things when we rescued her from the animal shelter.

Don't accept less. The first cat my late wife and I had reached out of a cage to tap her on the shoulder just as we were leaving the SPCA. He had 6 toes and was a very interesting fellow, named Nick, for Nick Charles, from the Thin man movies. Tolerated me but loved the Mrs.

Jonathan Steele 09-25-2009 03:14 PM

"had reached out of a cage to tap her on the shoulder just as we were leaving the SPCA."

Very smart. :) Don't ever let anyone tell you that they're "dumb animals." No way...

Jon

Bill V. 09-25-2009 04:39 PM

Two
 
As a young boy we had Rebel
a tough boy cat always getting into trouble and fights

as an teenager we had Dixie a sweet girl cat

They were nice pets

and gave us lots of joy

Rverge 09-25-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 60070)
Thanks Mike. I hadn't had a cat for about 15 years before I adopted this one. I get too attached if that's possible.

my w
clore, sorry to read, my wife and i understand. she and i get attached. lost a doggie(epileptic)Shelby, and 2 kittys, Sammy(our fav who we still miss) and Ollie, just over the last few mos.:(:(
Rverge
ps but still have 4 others. one is 18 years!!

Rverge 09-25-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieP (Post 60072)
Hey "ML"
We have to work on hooking up to head to the Met Opera!

Never been to one and have to experience it at least once. We can get all dressed up and sip cognac and smoke Cubans
:eek::D

YES WE WILL! count on it!

clore1030 09-25-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Steele (Post 60084)
Sorry to hear about your loss, Charles; I know how painful it is. Try to keep all the good, happy memories in mind--not the sad departure. Speaking of which, we lost a little guy (only 7 years-old) on August 18th due to kidney failure. :( It really hurts, especially when it's way before their time.

Hang in there.

All the best,

Jon

Her last days were actually pleasant. She was just wearing out, but did not seem to be in any pain. I brushed her several times a day and if there were any sore areas, she would have let me know. Up until a few hours before she died, she was still rolling onto her back, which was her way of saying "rub my belly." She just wasn't doing it with as much ease as she had formally.

As weak as she was getting, she fought me when I tried to get her into the cat carrier - it only opens at the end, it's not hinged at the side. She would then run under the bathroom sink. I tried three times to get her in, and each time she hissed and ran away.

I had the feeling that if I got her to the vet, she wouldn't have made the trip home anyway, so as long as she didn't appear to be in pain, I let her have her way. I grew up with many cats in the house, up to four at once, and have seen many of them at the end in agony and they were of course humanely spared. Maybe I'm consoling myself, but I think she wanted to be home for her last days, she never did like leaving the premises.

She was purring up until the end when I pet her, which was often because she was never more than arm's reach away. When it was time, she just closed her eyes.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts, they are much appreciated.

mikesal57 09-26-2009 08:03 AM

Charles...U finally got me to tears :o

clore1030 09-26-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 60117)
Charles...U finally got me to tears :o


Well, that wasn't the intent. Cuddles loved me as best she could and on the other hand, she was not partial to strangers. Were anyone else in the apartment other than my son, she would hide.

Once the ex moved out, Cuddles would no longer respond to her if she came by - smart cat. I don't want to answer the door on such occasions either.

I would stretch out on the couch to watch TV, and she would jump up beside me, but she would also face the TV. I would say "let me see the pretty face, not the rear end" and most of the time she would turn around, but only for just so long. She liked that area just above the tail scratched and that was her way of ensuring it.

clore1030 09-26-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 60106)
She just wasn't doing it with as much ease as she had formally.

That should have been "formerly" not "formally."

Cuddles may have been all black, but she was rarely formal. She would lay on her back with her hind legs spread and I would tell her "You're supposed to be a lady."

Rverge 09-29-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clore1030 (Post 60120)
That should have been "formerly" not "formally."

Cuddles may have been all black, but she was rarely formal. She would lay on her back with her hind legs spread and I would tell her "You're supposed to be a lady."

clore.....you, my wife my daughter, and me would get along just fine, with our kittys. when we got our daughters cats through moving/breakups they where so thin.......till they got to my wife. now jumbo!!
it's so funny as "Puffy" does the same thing...lays on his back w/ paws in the air:) (dork)
Rverge
ps horses and cats are buddies

clore1030 09-30-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rverge (Post 60196)
ps horses and cats are buddies

Funny that you should say that. When I was a kid, there was a "fish peddler" who came to our neighborhood in Brooklyn with a horse-drawn cart and fish packed in ice in the back.

We had a Siamese cat at the time who hated all other animals, even her own offspring it seemed. She would give birth and then they were on their own.

But this cat loved the horse that pulled the wagon and would jump out the window to go visit it. They would get nose-to-nose and none of us could ever figure that out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.