Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky Derby Weekend & Cheering on the RDSS Teams in the P.A.I.H.L. Contest Finale (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Kentucky Derby - Saturday (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7396)

Ted Craven 05-04-2011 01:33 PM

Kentucky Derby - Saturday
 
Here's a special area for the Kentucky Derby.

SilentRun 05-04-2011 02:33 PM

Kentucky Derby Cards
 
Ted,

Could you please post all races with the results of E/L 2.0 before the first race
which is about 10:30AM. If any of the early 2.0 candidates are scratched thereafter it would
be nice if you can rerun the race. In the event that a late 2.0 horse is scratched I see that it
is fairly simple to replace the horse using the next low Reg Speed rating.

Thanks and I hope you catch, "Lightning in a Bottle".

Ernie

rmath 05-05-2011 12:24 AM

Ky derby
 
TED,
I downloaded CD for SAT. card ,but when I tried to run the KY.Derby,the program
crashed twice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
rmath

dogkatcher 05-05-2011 02:53 AM

rmath
The only way I could get it to work was scratching 4 horses, then d/l past performances of the remaining 16. I worked the race through, finding 4 non contenders to replace the original horses I scratched, I then unscratched the original 4 I did not d/l and replaced them by scratching the 4 I considered non
contenders so I'm back to a 16 horse field and I am able to d/l the pp's once again. Hope this makes sense, Ted could make it easier I'm sure, so this is a quick fix. Good Luck

rmath 05-05-2011 08:36 AM

dogcatcher
 
Thanks,
Your suggestion worked.
rmath

Ted Craven 05-05-2011 09:24 AM

It's because there are 20 horses (and, regretfully, this has been the case forever). For RDSS1 (i.e. V0.99.2) it depends on how many other programs you have running which consume graphics resources. And you must always open RDSS then go immediately to the Derby Race - if you open another race first, the Derby race will certainly crash. I managed to open the race and pick a line for all 20 horses, however you mileage will vary

That's why I wrote RDSS 2.0 ...

Dogkatcher's suggestion is the best one if you can't even get 20 selected pacelines to appear.

Ted

rmath 05-05-2011 10:56 AM

Ted
 
I went directly to the derby and still crashed.
so I eliminated 4 horses and ran it as you and dogcatcher suggested.
thanks
rmath
PS when will you be posting E/L 2. Looking forward to doing some comparisons.

Dap Daddi 05-05-2011 07:31 PM

Hello Ted, Ritchie, and the rest of the Pace and Handicap team. Been a while sinse I logged on but I have been using the RDSS program with solid sucess. I know this section is for the Kentuck Derby I am anxious to see who some of the other members like for the Kentucky Deby.

Regards,
Dap Daddi

mikesal57 05-06-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dap Daddi (Post 70874)
Hello Ted, Ritchie, and the rest of the Pace and Handicap team. Been a while sinse I logged on but I have been using the RDSS program with solid sucess. I know this section is for the Kentuck Derby I am anxious to see who some of the other members like for the Kentucky Deby.

Regards,
Dap Daddi

Welcome back....I think we would like to know about your solid success :)

mike

Ted Craven 05-06-2011 09:40 AM

Indeed, good to hear from you Daddi (you still have the best avatar in town!)

I'll put up my Derby thoughts later this morning - just getting around to doing my 'capping now

Ted

RAMON201 05-06-2011 10:20 AM

uncle mo out
 
Uncle Mo is out of the Derby.

Ted Craven 05-06-2011 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my initial RDSS2 EL 2.0 report for the Derby. This is not my personal final analysis, but unless there are any further scratches, the EL 2.0 (NewPace) picks should not change.

Attachment 22109

Ted

Bill V. 05-06-2011 11:35 AM

??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 70903)
Here is my initial RDSS2 EL 2.0 report for the Derby. This is not my personal final analysis, but unless there are any further scratches, the EL 2.0 (NewPace) picks should not change.

Attachment 22108

Ted

Ted can you tell use who they are ????

Ted Craven 05-06-2011 11:42 AM

Sure Bill,

Earlies: #13 Mucho Macho Man and #6 Comma to the Top
Lates: #1 ArchArchArch and #8 Dialed In.

In the red-circled area, the Red highlighted horses are the Early contenders and the Blue highlighted horses are the Late contenders.

Ted

Mr.Pagine 05-06-2011 08:47 PM

The winner is........
 
Here is what I did:

A. The following horses are out - Stay Thirsty / Decisive Moment/ Comma to the Top

B. Master of Hounds = No clue

1st - Derby Kitten ..... improving figures, and can run on anything (Derby for a Derby)
2nd - Mucho Macho Man ....consistent fellow
3rd - Archarcharch......improving, bad post

will include in exotics - Nehro, Santiva, Dialed in

Good luck to all, and Happy Punting

JD Lee

BJennet 05-07-2011 12:04 AM

Wide open
 
Thanks, Ted, for posting the E.L. 2.0 figures.

I pretty much agree with these figures as well as Mr. P. and Bill V.'s KGEN analysis. This seems to be the most wide-open Derby in a while, which should be great for prices. This is my shot at order of finish:

Mucho Man
Derby Kitten
Nehro
Dialed In
Santiva
Archarcharch

I'm including mystery horse 'Master of Hounds' in exotics, on the basis of breeding and late running ability. With the scratch of Uncle Mo, I doubt MM will go off much above 5-1, but Derby Kitten and Santiva particularly seem like great overlay possiblities. I especially like the idea of DK for the possible win as the 'lightly raced' horse, who is similar to MH in terms of being bred for distance.

Best of luck to everybody in what should be a fascinating race.

Cheers,

B.Jennet

Ted Craven 05-07-2011 01:04 PM

I've never felt more indecisive in a Derby since I bet on Giacomo (or maybe it was when I bet on Charismatic...).

There's no point in putting up any other RDSS screenshots beside the one above, because I'm not going to bet on what they say anyway.

I'll stick with Win bets on #13 Mucho Macho Man and #1 ArchArchArch and those 2 with #6 Comma to the Top and #8 Dialed in in some kind of Exacta combos. #15 Midnight Interlude and #17 Soldat might creep in there in the 2nd position.

Good luck all!

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.