Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   SA & GG Banning race day Lasix (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12145)

Lt1 03-14-2019 04:48 PM

SA & GG Banning race day Lasix

Officials at SA announced that effective immediately both SA &GG are banning the use of race day Lasix.
Tim

dogkatcher 03-14-2019 06:31 PM

They will have to add mule and ostrich racing to fill the card.

tom 03-15-2019 11:14 AM

If this is good idea from Franky, why not at GP and LRL as well?
Are they stronger horses on the East coast? :rolleyes:

Mitch44 03-15-2019 05:59 PM

While the Lasix issue is another complete issue it was obviously done at this time for PR
reasons. Tracks all over the country are using L and not having the problems of SA.

No, the real issue is the track. And many of the new protocols are good steps , some of which should have been implemented long ago.

Protocols may win the PR campaign but the real war will be determined by the track itself. Sooner or later they'll have to spend money to fix the problem. No matter what they do I hope they address the drainage issue because it will rain again in sunny California.

And the BC this year is at best cloudy as many won't make the trip. As handicappers the ones that do make the trip, well we won't know until after the race how it handles that situation. Another unknown. I guess they never heard of phasing in races with this new policy and within a reasonable amount of time then eliminate it. As bettors just shut up and deal with it, somehow if horses could talk I don't believe anything would change.

Mitch44

CheckMark 03-15-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 120046)

I like this idea. Nice!

But I guess the west coast horses are “stronger” because I have seen better horses come from there like for example this weekend we see Improbable and Game winner, both very good horses.

Jeebs 03-15-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 120046)

Window dressing. Tone deaf management who think the customers are stupid.

Might be time to boycott all Stronach tracks until they come to their senses.

tleusin 03-16-2019 10:55 AM

In the interview I saw on TVG the Stronach Group stated they were ultimately going to implement the ban at all of their racetracks.
Personally I welcome the ban of race day medications. I would like to see real, even draconian penalties for vets, trainers and owners that juice their horses.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...rses-race-day/

Just MHO and not one of an expert. I wonder why the rest of world can race without lasix for example but we in the states can not.

Jeebs 03-16-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tleusin (Post 120063)
In the interview I saw on TVG the Stronach Group stated they were ultimately going to implement the ban at all of their racetracks.
Personally I welcome the ban of race day medications. I would like to see real, even draconian penalties for vets, trainers and owners that juice their horses.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...rses-race-day/

Just MHO and not one of an expert. I wonder why the rest of world can race without lasix for example but we in the states can not.

The same reason why addicts have a hard time withdrawing from certain medications compared to non-addicts. Dependency is a funny thing. Since it’s an entrenched part of our game, most trainers probably don’t know how to train without it.

The rest of the world also doesn’t race their horses on a year-long basis like we do here. Unlike other parts of the world, North American racing is a mass produced product. Horses in the claiming ranks may race upwards of 20 times or more a year, which equates to 1 start roughly every 2-3 weeks. More frequent racing = more wear and tear.

tleusin 03-16-2019 12:48 PM

Which may be the point of no race day medication. Unsound horses should not be racing. Perhaps we do not need Penn National racing year round or Santa Anita racing 90 days. US racing is facing multiple problems and has for years. The industry as a whole has been and continues to be against any changes at all. One of the definitions of insanity. Again just MHO. I do not claim to an authority.

Mitch44 03-16-2019 01:15 PM

PETA filed a complaint with the DA against SA on 1 Mar. 19 and the DA has the power to close down SA altogether, indict trainers owners, Vets etc.So I'm sure politics has a lot to do with this issue.

Presently trainers and owners are boycotting entries and closed down racing resuming Monday.

SA is allowing horses to train in the opposite direction on the track now. What took so long for that ? How many breakdowns occurred on a specific side of the horse due to the way tracks train? I see this as not enough data collected or collected properly.

How many of these horses were trained by incompetent trainers? I'm sure there is cheating going on for trainers exams to get a license. Should they have to undergo an apprenticeship for 3 to 4 years before eligible to take an exam such as a bar exam after college.

Like racing rules, jurisdictions can't agree on how or what data is collected to the determent of the whole sport and all concerned.

I can't help but feel that this issue hasn't been properly addressed or investigated.
How about a monetary award for any horse ,owner and trainer whose horse wins without the use of medications instead of awarding purse money to horses finishing last in a race. I.e. the Pegasus that finished 10th(last) and got $350,000. That could provide many incentives to solve racing problems.

I don't think Belinda is as smart as she thinks she is. I do think she is in over her head and grasping for a lifesaver.

Mitch44