Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   December Contest (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   JimG - December (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8904)

JimG 12-07-2012 05:01 PM

JimG - December

1 Attachment(s)
$30 win and $70 to place on #1 in 9th race at GP.

He is tops on line, wheeling back in 15 days with good jock and post for the turf. Top LP and Top Energy. Let it Ride

JimG 12-07-2012 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
He did not exactly wow them, but got the job done. Nice to hit an $8 winner to break my maiden at first asking. LOL Anyhow, for me turf is primarily about good position, late pace, class, and decent connections. This horse had it all for me. 5-1 when I posted but those pesky whales had to get their cut.

BTW, I used the perceptor paceline selection for the race. Results are below:

Bill V. 12-07-2012 05:18 PM

Let It Ride

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the contest Jim
Nice start
"The only way your horse could lose is if it was struck by lightning
in the starting gate"
Let It Ride !

Attachment 32574

JimG 12-07-2012 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BHP Race 6

$30 win and $70 to place on #6.

Not a particularly exciting pick on my part. 8.5 furlongs on the Turf. He is tops CR, APV, virtual tie on BL/BL, with explosive kick and Mike Smith riding. If the 5 runs back to his last race, I could get beat but my thinking is 5 regresses just enough that the 6 gets the job done. Used auto perceptor for pace line selection. Let it Ride.

Ted Craven 12-07-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG (Post 87070)
He did not exactly wow them, but got the job done. Nice to hit an $8 winner to break my maiden at first asking. LOL Anyhow, for me turf is primarily about good position, late pace, class, and decent connections. This horse had it all for me. 5-1 when I posted but those pesky whales had to get their cut.

BTW, I used the perceptor paceline selection for the race. Results are below:

Good job Jim, and welcome. I only wonder why the winner (#1, GP 9) paid so much!

cheers,

Ted

JimG 12-07-2012 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5 is a better horse than I thought. Settled nicely and made the 6 work for the victory. Smith worried me with the 4 wide ride around the turn, but he had enough to win.

Results below:

JimG 12-11-2012 04:21 PM

TUP Race 5

1 Attachment(s)
TUP Race 5 12/11/2012

I like the #3 Catorce De La Fama. Tops on the auto BL/BL using the perceptor line selection. I am a big fan of the change in running style last out. Normally an early speed horse, he uncharacteristically showed great late speed. I suspect he will be in good position early with enough kick to outfinish these.

The bet is $30 win $70 place on #3.

JimG 12-11-2012 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ran like he did time before. Almost got up, but not quite. Squeaked out a little profit by putting considerably more on the place end.

JimG 12-11-2012 04:50 PM

TUP Race 6 12/11/2012

1 Attachment(s)
As I write this, the crowd is all over the HOL shipper, #9. I like to try to beat those types, so why not the horse on top of the line #2 Flashy Prize, who has shown the ability to have good early speed as well as be rateable. She may need both of those traits as she breaks from the 1st post position.

Anyhow, the bet is $30 win and $70 to place on #2 Flashy Prize

JimG 12-11-2012 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gate to wire winner as the second favorite. She beat the HOL shipper, who went off at an astounding 3-5. That created a little value for my horse and made it a race I wanted to explore. 2 reasons. The shipper was sort of low on the BL/BL and was coming out of MCL win vs a straight maiden win for the winner. If only every race could run like that, it would be an easy game. But alas, back to the grind.