Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Saratoga 2017 Aug 18-20 - P&C Gathering! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11031)

Jeebs 03-19-2017 12:19 AM

Saratoga 2017 Aug 18-20 - P&C Gathering!

Does anyone know if there is going to be a Pace and Cap gathering at Saratoga in August? I don't recall there being one the last two years. It would be nice to see some of you again as well as meet some new faces.

In any event, if nothing has been organized, perhaps this is the spot to get a ball rolling! Thoughts? :cool:

mick 03-19-2017 07:02 AM

Jeebs,

Ted has mentioned a P&C gathering at Saratoga this summer, although he hasn't discussed dates or details yet. I plan to attend and I'm looking forward to it.

mick

mowens33 03-19-2017 09:58 AM

Let's do it!

Mike

Bill V. 03-19-2017 10:40 AM

If there

I have not been to Saratoga for many years
If we gather I will plan to get there this year

It was a goal I set on Jan 1st

to see the breeders cup at Del Mar
and to make it back east to Saratoga

Jeebs 03-19-2017 10:59 AM

I live less than 10 minutes from the track from where I live (Ballston Spa). Last year, I established myself in the back of the grandstand - facing the backyard right across from specialty boutique stores set up by local entrepreneurs. There are many tables available for free (unlike the Carousel which now charges for tables) with TVs and betting machines close by. You can even get up and walk to the front of the stands to catch the races. Downside is that heat rises, so it can be downright stifling on a humid day. But it is very laptop/tablet friendly.

I know that in past years, we shared the Festival Tent with Pace Advantage on Alabama weekend. It is the most ideal space since many members do "go live" with their tools and the ability to be undercover and have access to power sources and perhaps Wi-fi tethering (NYRA's Wi-fi, though much improved last year, is still unreliable).

Jeebs 03-19-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill V. (Post 108862)
I have not been to Saratoga for many years
If we gather I will plan to get there this year

It was a goal I set on Jan 1st

to see the breeders cup at Del Mar
and to make it back east to Saratoga

I hope to see you, Bill (and others)... it would be nice to meet/acquaint/form new friendships through a Saratoga gathering.

Ted Craven 03-21-2017 10:58 AM

I was about 50/50 on whether to spend some time in Saratoga this year. This tips my personal inclination towards going!

Should we get some tables again like last times? They are always sheltered, have power, betting kiosks right there. Or will the other locations Jeebs or Charlie B (Gandalf380) accommodate a group, with power and shelter and occasional peace to have conversations?

I had been thinking about Alabama Stakes weekend - our usual: August 18-20. I don't think PaceAdvantage members gather as a formal group anymore, though there are many folks who are members of both groups.

3 tables in the Festival tent (our previous location) accommodate 18 people uncomfortably, 12 - 15 more comfortably. Not sure 2017 pricing (usually comes out any week now - along with reservation requests). Depending on interest,4 tables might be optimal - everyone attending to chip in day by day to cover costs (I can front the $$$).

People can still purchase grandstand seats if they want to spend some time watching races live and some time in the group.

What say you all? If we're a go - I'll send out a general mailing. We could also arrange a Friday evening like we often do handicapping the Saturday Alabama Stakes at the NHPLAY offices or condo.

Ted

Jeebs 03-21-2017 11:21 AM

I am a "go" if this is a "go"! I am off on Fridays and Saturdays with my new job (providing we are not on mandatory OT), so it would be perfect.

mick 03-22-2017 09:38 AM

Those are good dates for me and I plan to attend.

Bill V. 03-22-2017 04:39 PM

Im

Count me in

Saratoga pace and cap weekend