Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Upcoming Contests 2021 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13802)

CheckMark 05-11-2021 07:11 PM

Upcoming Contests 2021

Hello all!

Since I am the sports forum moderator I have thought why not spice things up and introduce new sports handicapping contests where we try to pick the winners and the winner of the contest either receives a prize or just bragging rights!

Here are some major sporting events that are coming up that we as a Pace&Cap Sports group could possibly do in the upcoming months :

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championships 5/21 till 6/6
NHL/Stanley Cup Playoffs Dates TBD
PGA Championship 5/20 till 5/23
NFL Regular Season ATS Week 1 till Week 18
Baseball/World Series Playoffs Dates TBD
NBA Playoffs/Championship Dates TBD

Just want your thoughts on what I should do for contests and if you wanted any input of your own of what to possibly include

Note above are just suggestions and NOT what I am planning on doing just FYI

Thanks

Conley

rmath 05-12-2021 12:07 PM

Contsets

Conley it is my understanding that P & C is a horse racing site.
If you want to have contests for other sports my suggestion is to go to the RX site as they cover all sports.
Rmath

Lt1 05-12-2021 01:38 PM

Couldn't agree more Rich. If the site is going to turn into sports betting contest instead of what it was created for then I'll stop putting in time posting picks and sharing what little knowledge I have to share.
Tim

gandalf380 05-12-2021 01:41 PM

Rmath, will all due respect, I have to disagree. Conley is the moderator of the Sports Forum on this site. I see nothing wrong with him trying to drum up interest in his section. No one is forced to take part in any of his contests, or for that matter, even read the sports forum.

CheckMark 05-12-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmath (Post 134929)
Conley it is my understanding that P & C is a horse racing site.
If you want to have contests for other sports my suggestion is to go to the RX site as they cover all sports.
Rmath

Well I am the sports moderator so I kind of need to keep things rolling

I understand that this is a horse racing site and not full devoted to sports but we have got to add new ideas into the mix and welcome new people who may like sports here on Pace and Cap

You can like it or ignore it plane and simple I am not forcing anyone to do anything just wanted to make things better for everyone

CheckMark 05-12-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 134930)
Couldn't agree more Rich. If the site is going to turn into sports betting contest instead of what it was created for then I'll stop putting in time posting picks and sharing what little knowledge I have to share.
Tim

LT

You know I would never turn this website who you have devoted your time into a sports forum

I am just adding something new so that it isn't all just horse racing all the time
not saying that I hate it it's just that people do like sports betting and I was happy that Ted and Bill V added it so that people could actually participate and try new things

I have no business on RX since I was banned for "touting" and this is my last resort to have a forum of which I am not banned

I am sorry to upset everyone it's just that I want to show Ted and Bill that I can be a good moderator and come up with new ideas without any negativity

CheckMark 05-12-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf380 (Post 134931)
Rmath, will all due respect, I have to disagree. Conley is the moderator of the Sports Forum on this site. I see nothing wrong with him trying to drum up interest in his section. No one is forced to take part in any of his contests, or for that matter, even read the sports forum.

So true gandalf!

Yes I am not forcing anyone to play contests or even look at this part of the forum I am just adding a piece of me and letting others join if they do so please

I could just ask Ted to delete this is everyone is offended by it but I would appreciate it if we could just all get along and make things work out

rmath 05-12-2021 02:53 PM

Conley you asked for our thoughts on this AND I put in my thoughts.
I was not expecting to get my A-- chewed out. So for what it is worth I will stop posting and let you take over.
Rmath

CheckMark 05-12-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmath (Post 134937)
Conley you asked for our thoughts on this AND I put in my thoughts.
I was not expecting to get my A-- chewed out. So for what it is worth I will stop posting and let you take over.
Rmath

I was not chewing you out I was just explaining that I would like to continue with posting in the sports forum and ask for input on the contest not on whether the sports forum should exist or not

I thought you liked my football contests and did appreciate you putting in your picks so you can still continue if you want no one is forcing

Take care and hopefully you can come back

teb21 05-12-2021 07:42 PM

I enjoy both the thoroughbred and the sports betting threads. It is not an either/or with me. Both are interesting and fun.