Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Straight Super On the BL/BL (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7094)

james_colt 08-30-2010 07:04 PM

Straight Super On the BL/BL

This is for my forum post regarding the straight superfecta that RDSS yielded via the BL/BL.
What follows is some info regarding a straight
superfecta hit via the BL/BL in RDSS.

The BL/BL listed the top 4 finishers in order for the
6th race at DMR on the 28th of August 2010.

To handicap the race, I used the following tabs:
Original, Primary, Workouts, and Energy.

Here are the pacelines I selected:

El Pitucon (none), Where's the Remote (1),
Carbon Hoofprint (2), Universal Peace (2),
Hugesy (1 and 2), Teafatfiller (none), Pico Pico (none), Concerto's Thunder (none), Call Me Honcho (1 and 2), and Shediak (1 and 3).

The Superfecta paid $466 for a $1 bet.

Also, BL/BL top rated 3 of 7 winners, 2 straight exactas, and one straight trifecta. In total, I netted $600 for $49 in bets.

I hope others will find this interesting and useful and
maybe even inspiring.

James Colt

Ted Craven 08-30-2010 08:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are James' pacelines shown in the BL/BL screen

Attachment 20516

If you clean it up a bit: eliminate duplicates and prune to top 5 TE/Line Score, you might get this:

Attachment 20518

And the result:

Attachment 20517

Interesting first few days with RDSS, James. Keep up the good work!

Ted

SilentRun 08-30-2010 09:18 PM

That is beautifull....this is what RDSS is all about and these are the posts that I like to see. GOOD JOB.
You are even mixing dirt lines with turf with great results. This is something that I never tried.

Ernie

Ted Craven 08-30-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentRun (Post 68381)
You are even mixing dirt lines with turf with great results. This is something that I never tried.

Ernie

Well, he's mixing Poly and Turf...

SilentRun 08-30-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 68383)
Well, he's mixing Poly and Turf...

Right..Poly it is but because these are non-comparable surfaces I would never
go near it. It is hard enough to win under comparable conditions. I remember
reading an article in the "Follow-up" on not mixing Dirt with Turf and now Poly
with Turf unless you had good records or something to that effect. so congrats
again to James for that insight.

Ernie

james_colt 08-30-2010 11:13 PM

from James

To: Silent Run,

Just wanted to mention that I was influenced by Ted's videos
where he took note of the "Perceptor Totals" while handicapping Woodbine races.

In my straight super race, both Universal Peace and Call Me Honcho had their second best "Perceptor Totals" in Turf races.

Thanks for you comments

James Colt

gandalf380 08-31-2010 07:11 AM

In my handicapping, I have found great success in treating artificial tracks as being similar to turf courses. That is, I have no problem with mixing poly and grass.

SilentRun 08-31-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf380 (Post 68386)
In my handicapping, I have found great success in treating artificial tracks as being similar to turf courses. That is, I have no problem with mixing poly and grass.

That is interesting....I did some research on Poly and found that it is comprised of silica and fibers covered with a wax coating that allows water to drain vertically. This results in a SOFTER and consistent racing surface which has improved the safety of both the horse and jockey. I knew the purpose of Poly was to prevent breakdowns but never went past that.

Then if Poly and Turf are truly comparable I believe it is due to the SOFTER surface of Poly.
This is a new area for me...thanks for your post.

Ernie

RichieP 08-31-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf380 (Post 68386)

Jim "The Hat" also taught me to mix turf and poly lines while ignoring dirt lines in the races where those other lines were present:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3741

gandalf380 08-31-2010 11:22 AM

Jim Bradshaw is also the person who first mentioned to me that poly and turf work well together. What I had to confirm by watching and handicapping, Jim seemed to know intuitively. Once again, he was right.