Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Saratoga 2013! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9067)

wagercapper 03-01-2013 03:34 PM

Saratoga 2013!

Hey, I know it's only March 1st, but I'm ready for Saratoga 2013 NOW!

wagercapper 03-26-2013 06:28 PM

This year (2013) is the 150th Anniversary of Saratoga Racetrack. There are 180 celebrations/events planned, and it all starts in MAY. The track opens July 19th.
PARTY-PARTY-PARTY!

barb craven 03-26-2013 08:39 PM

Anybody planning to go should think about booking their rooms. I got ours a couple of weeks ago and it was slim pickings then.

chris 03-27-2013 10:12 AM

Saratoga 2013

What will the dates be this year - anyone?

thanks,
chris

Ted Craven 03-27-2013 10:29 AM

Hey everyone! I got the tickets for the tables in the Festival tent again this year on our traditional Alabama Stakes weekend. This year: August 16 - 18 (Friday - Sunday).

We have 3 tables Friday and Saturday and 2 tables on Sunday. Tables nominally seat 6, but 4 is more comfortable. We are sharing seating again as usual with the PaceAdvantage group, so there may be more seats on a first come first served basis.

I plan to have another evening gathering/seminar at the NHPLAY facilities downtown, likely Friday evening.

As Barb, says, best book now to find anything reasonably priced (if that). One interesting possibility is to rent a home (or several rooms in a B&B) for the week or for several days and split the costs. We did some research via AirBnB.com and VRBO.com and found a few interesting possibilities. Reserved a downtown hotel, pending anything better later on.

Mum and I should be there from the Thursday through Monday. See you all there!

Ted

Mr.Pagine 04-10-2013 09:24 PM

Be there with Bells on

Ted,

Thanks for the invite...... I adore "The Spa", and will be thee with Bells on.
My Dad will love it again - Thanks.

tom kalies 05-09-2013 12:47 PM

Hi,

Anyone heading for Saratoga, who doesn't have a room yet. might want to try HyattPlace in Malta,NY. www.saratogamalta.hyatt.place.com
They have rooms for about $187/night. Or they have a Saratoga race track package for $225/night. Includes daily shuttle to track,2 clubhouse tickets, and a coupe of other things in the package.

Tom K

wagercapper 05-29-2013 03:24 PM

Hi,
Saratoga's looking good with all the decorations about town. Had lunch at Jacob & Anthony's today. Here's a nice little video on the 150th celebration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93MN...layer_embedded

If the link doesn't work, or for more info, go to saratoga150.com

wagercapper 06-29-2013 03:58 PM

This season (only 2+ weeks away!), Saratoga will be giving away at T-shirt, a bobblehead of Fourstardave, a model of the track, and a Saratoga Beer Stein.

I discovered that the picnic blanket from last year makes a wonderful dust cover for my piano!

Ted Craven 07-15-2013 03:49 PM

Free Seating this year!

Good news: I got the (modest) cheque from Google for the past 6 months or so of ad revenues at Pace and Cap (those sometimes annoying banner ads at the bottom of the page, and text ads when you use the PaceandCap Google Site Search).

This pays for the tables in the Festival Tent this year at our Pace and Cap annual general meeting in Saratoga Friday August 16 through Sunday August 18. Previous years cost: $5 per day - so now everyone can increase their wagers ... ;) (You still have to pay a general admission).

It's first come first served for seating at the 3 tables we have booked, though members of the PaceAdvantage group have also blocked some more tables the same days. In previous years, we have co-mingled the tables and so far everyone has been seated with space left over some days.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. I know of several new folks who have indicated they plan to attend for the first time.

Mum and I will be there from August 15 - 19.

See you soon!

Ted

wagercapper 07-15-2013 05:07 PM

Way to go! Opening day is Friday! BTW, last Sunday I tried the AMwager dutching
option twice and won both times. I think I like this....
See you soon.

-P

gandalf380 07-18-2013 09:34 PM

Change of giveaway

I just found out that the giveaway for August 18 has been changed from a track replica model to a Saratoga baseball cap.

wagercapper 07-19-2013 08:07 AM

It's opening day! Nice grass DD to start. Expecting 97 degrees. Hope the horses will be ok.

Ted Craven 07-19-2013 10:43 AM

Friday Evening Workshop

Folks,

Once again we are holding a workshop/get together on Friday evening August 16 at the NHPLAY building cafeteria at 125 High Rock Avenue in downtown Saratoga Springs (about 5 minute drive from the track). Starting at 7pm, including pizza and drinks (pot luck, so bring something ;) ).

I'll add a map here.

The agenda is casual depending on who shows up and who needs help with RDSS or other specific topics. One thing we always do (and do well) is analyse the Alabama Stakes for Saturday (discussion often led by Charlie B - gandalf380). Plus any other races we have time for.

If I can line up any specific speakers ;) I'll advertise it here.

Ted

pktruckdriver 07-22-2013 06:52 PM

I will be in Saratoga this week , most likely in and out, 7-26 and maybe
7-27. I will be visiting the BEST people and will try to get 1 meal at Augie's , hopefully take with me a Kitchen Sink Pasta, a must have if you get the chance.

Good luck all who get there this year, maybe I will get back , but most likely I will be in and out , maybe I will see a few of you. If not , always next year, right?

patrick

gandalf380 07-23-2013 05:24 PM

I am in my usual seats (at least fri-mon) every day. Sec O row a, seats 15 and 16. stop by and say hi.

wagercapper 07-24-2013 09:55 PM

Just got back from listening to a talk by legendary announcer Tom Durkin. What a great speaker as well! Tonight he spoke about why he feels that the 1988 Breeders Cup was the greatest racing day ever. He showed all 7 races and made a good case.

wagercapper 07-25-2013 07:03 AM

An Evening with Tom Durkin

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason my post of last night does not appear. Anyway, had a great evening listening to legendary track announcer Tom Durkin, who is also a great speaker! He gave a talk on why he feels that the 1988 Breeders Cup was the greatest day in racing history. We watched all 7 races and he made a strong case for his opinion. Also heard great anecdotes from his long career. Who knew he is allergic to horses, of all things!?

wagercapper 07-25-2013 06:01 PM

New Book

2 Attachment(s)
There's a new book coming out by turf writers Alan Carter & Mike Kane (on left in Photo) called 150 Years of Racing in Saratoga. There's a book signing next Monday in Saratoga at the community library.

barb craven 08-10-2013 08:23 AM

I can't believe it's coming on so fast. Only 5 days left for us before we get there. I can hardly wait.

wagercapper 08-11-2013 07:23 AM

Saratoga 2013

The weather's been great. Hope it continues.

Mr.Pagine 08-11-2013 09:56 PM

Enjoy gang - have to pass!!!

P&C Friends,

My new job has unfortunately put a dent in my Saratoga Plans. My father and I will not be cashing and enjoying the fun with you.

Enjoy, and Cash !!!!!

Happy Punting.

JL

barb craven 08-12-2013 01:43 PM

That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting you, as I think was everyone.

Heard from Richie P. He and his wife will be coming down for the day on Sunday the 18th.

Just looked at the long range weather report Maybe, just maybe we might get by without any rain for the whole time this year.

wagercapper 08-12-2013 05:38 PM

Work!

Unfortunately, I, too will have to work on Friday. But I will be leaving work around 10 AM because Saratoga pays better!!! I think they should rename the track Sartinoga.

Because I Can Jim 08-12-2013 05:58 PM

That's funny wagercapper - Sartinoga.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot spend the days at Saratoga.

However, I will be making the drive there on Friday evening just to meet you all and get to know you.

I have only one problem.....I don't know what to bring???? If I can't make big decisions like that, how am I supposed to make the small decisions handicapping? Ahhh... but, tht is what I have you all to help me with! LOL

Jim

Bill V. 08-12-2013 06:56 PM

Next Year

That is too bad that you can't make it ,,

I am planning on being there next year.

I just was out there for moms birthday,
I can't swing two east cost trips.

I have had such great times all the years I made it to Saratoga for P-C day

Jeebs 08-12-2013 08:18 PM

Hope that you were able to get your Augie's.... they had a fire last week that gutted their entire business. They are setting up temporary quarters soon and will be re-built as soon as they are able.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pktruckdriver (Post 91226)
I will be in Saratoga this week , most likely in and out, 7-26 and maybe
7-27. I will be visiting the BEST people and will try to get 1 meal at Augie's , hopefully take with me a Kitchen Sink Pasta, a must have if you get the chance.

Good luck all who get there this year, maybe I will get back , but most likely I will be in and out , maybe I will see a few of you. If not , always next year, right?

patrick

Jeebs 08-12-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill V. (Post 92032)
That is too bad that you can't make it ,,

I am planning on being there next year.

I just was out there for moms birthday,
I can't swing two east cost trips.

I have had such great times all the years I made it to Saratoga for P-C day

Were you there two years ago on Arlington Million day? I might have met you.

Bill V. 08-12-2013 09:01 PM

I don't recall

I am pretty sure I am there every year on the day of the Alabama
I think two years ago was the year Richie P and Karen came up and I was Patrick's guest for the weekend - That was a great trip.
That was my last visit.

Bill

barb craven 08-13-2013 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That was a good year, with all three of you who started this - You, Ted and Rich.
Attachment 35211
Next year we will get a better one.

Ted Craven 08-13-2013 01:00 PM

Friday Evening Workshop / Meet+Greet

Our Friday night workshop/meet+greet is at 125 High Rock Avenue, in a low rise office building where NHPLAY have their offices. Right beside High Rock Park. Use the side door (locked) but manned for a while, then upstairs in the cafeteria (you'll hear). I'll leave some signs and a cell phone # if no one is at the door for you.

Starts at 7pm Friday evening, through 10pm. We have a screen projector for a computer. Bring your own wifi (I'll make mine available too).

The agenda is flexible - depending on who's there and what needs arise (e.g. over view of RDSS, navigation/configuration tutorial, how to do certain things, etc). We'll handicap the Alabama Stakes, perhaps the Arlington MIllion (?) and a few other races on the Saturday Saratoga card.

Food is typically - potluck. I'll bring a pizza and some bottled water. Feel free to bring some food and drink to share as well.

See you there, and then!

Google Map (125 High Rock, Saratoga Springs)

Ted

pktruckdriver 08-13-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeebs (Post 92044)
Hope that you were able to get your Augie's.... they had a fire last week that gutted their entire business. They are setting up temporary quarters soon and will be re-built as soon as they are able.

No I did not, I have yet to get there and now it seems I may not get there at all this season.

http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2...f460710803.txt

I still wish all who go the best. And those who don't get to go also.

Thanks for the invite to your box, if I get there I will try to give notice before I get there.

Patrick

Ted Craven 08-15-2013 09:48 AM

Mum and I got in last night and will be at the track later today at the Festival Tent with the PaceAdvantage group and visiting Charlie B in Section O.

The Pace and Cap seats in the Festival Tent start tomorrow. Some strange races at the Spa today, but it will be nice to watch the 2 jump races!

Thinking about the #4 horse (Bill V ;) )

cheers

Ted (& Barb C)

JimG 08-15-2013 10:31 AM

Ted,

If you get a chance try to take some pictures of the gang (here and at PA). Thanks and have fun.

Jim

Bill V. 08-15-2013 11:57 AM

Luke

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 92115)
Mum and I got in last night and will be at the track later today at the Festival Tent with the PaceAdvantage group and visiting Charlie B in Section O.

The Pace and Cap seats in the Festival Tent start tomorrow. Some strange races at the Spa today, but it will be nice to watch the 2 jump races!

Thinking about the #4 horse (Bill V ;) )

cheers

Ted (& Barb C)

Hi Barb and Ted and Charlie and all our Pace and Cap and Pace Advantage friends
May the 4 horse be with you

glue4659 08-15-2013 05:23 PM

Hi Ted and company. Glad to hear you are already there and safe. Had a busy day today so have not wagered or seen ANY results. Will try my darndest to get up tomorrow. I am only 40 or so miles south of the track, and have not been up yet! Where will you folks be situated tomorrow as I very much look forward to meeting my comrades! B Well ALL, Pete

Jeebs 08-15-2013 05:26 PM

I had the pleasure of stopping by today and meeting Ted and a few others briefly! Thanks for the brief dutching tutorial and hope to see you all again soon! :)

Ted Craven 08-15-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glue4659 (Post 92132)
Hi Ted and company. Glad to hear you are already there and safe. Had a busy day today so have not wagered or seen ANY results. Will try my darndest to get up tomorrow. I am only 40 or so miles south of the track, and have not been up yet! Where will you folks be situated tomorrow as I very much look forward to meeting my comrades! B Well ALL, Pete

Pete,

Looking forward to meeting you! We're in the Festival Tent. Go in the Main entrance on Union Ave. Hang an immediate right inside the gates, past the washrooms, ~100 yards or so to a big red and white striped tent with red tables. You're there.

We'll be there from around 11:30am onwwards.

cheers,

Ted

Ted Craven 08-15-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeebs (Post 92133)
I had the pleasure of stopping by today and meeting Ted and a few others briefly! Thanks for the brief dutching tutorial and hope to see you all again soon! :)

Tim,

Nice to meet you too! That was a pretty interesting race we worked! Too bad for your #4 horse.

We'll be here through Sunday, if you can make it back up.

All the best,

Ted

glue4659 08-15-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 92135)
Pete,

Looking forward to meeting you! We're in the Festival Tent. Go in the Main entrance on Union Ave. Hang an immediate right inside the gates, past the washrooms, ~100 yards or so to a big red and white striped tent with red tables. You're there.

We'll be there from around 11:30am onwwards.

cheers,

Ted

EXCELLENT Ted! I know exactly where you will be. That is what going up there for the last 48 years will get you! My DAD 1st brought me to my little piece of heaven on earth @ age 6 or 7? You sent me the picture of Buddy Hirsch and that BEAUTIFUL grey mare by the name of Open Fire, winner of the 1966 Diana Hcp! It may have been Virgil Raines who trained her? Really looking forward to it. Like a kid on CHRISTMAS EVE!! Until then. B Well and B there! Pete