Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Races of Interest (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   What happened to McKinzie ? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12566)

Mitch44 09-29-2019 11:22 AM

What happened to McKinzie ?

McKinzie failed to perform yesterday as the prohibitive favorite against a very weak field, at his best distance and while on his home track.

Reports say he was blowing very hard after the race however his workouts up to this race and the spacing of races all indicate another problem.

Some are saying the track now at SA is very deep with more cushion but he has shipped to the East and won on deep tracks. BTW the new SA should bode well for horses from the East coast going to the BC. Over the years they have failed miserably and will be discounted again this year, players beware.

That is if the BC runs at SA. They had another catastrophic breakdown in deep stretch yesterday after just re-opening. Not only is the BC in question there, also the survival of SA itself is on the line. As PETA supported by a large segment of the population of California are on them worse than a Pitbull with lockjaw.

While SA is under attack from great forces and as a fan I hope they can triumph in their battle for survival.They are the lead element in this battle for all of racing and its future.

Of course there is always the possibility than the new protocols in place may be interfering with Baffert's magic wand.

Mitch44

ssag0 09-29-2019 02:17 PM

How about what happened to Mongolian Groom

Watch the Gallop out that horse had a ton!

Bill V. 09-29-2019 04:59 PM

Wins

Horse wins and runs plus races in million and 1.5 million dollar races

Decides to goof around in a 300,000 race,

Lets see how he runs back with the cream of the crop in the BC

Mitch44 09-29-2019 05:57 PM

Yes it could have been a prep for the big dance but a terrible fate for all those that bet on him, if so should have declared running for non betting purposes.

Going forward it poses a dilemma for bettors as to form for the BC race. Is he the same or over the top? If we play the race we'll all have to make that decision. We'll only know after the race. It may be more Baffert goofing around than the horse, neither is speaking. ha ha ha

Hope your well Bill and your Dad.

Mitch44

CheckMark 09-29-2019 07:22 PM

Feels like almost the next curse like Arrogate had.
Was popular when he rode his 7 race win streak into the San Diego Handicap and then finished 4th, 2nd and 5th after that.

Good form and then now feels like he is slipping away from Breeders Cup victory.

Bill V. 09-29-2019 11:30 PM

Welcome to the hotel California

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Mitch Dad and I are knocking along enjoying the beach and heading down the 101 to DeL Mar as much as we can

Mitch welcome to California racing, Short fields. Just to keep making the horsemen happy with joke graded races.
On a list of what is important the bettors and the welfare of the horses are at the bottom.

Team Makenzie makes an easy $60.000 for a public workout

Attachment 48498

Mitch44 09-30-2019 06:14 AM

May have been a paid work Bill and very nice money if so. I believe in the BC I'll go against him through.

It doesn't get much better than the beach and Del Mar Bill.

Mitch44

Bill V. 11-03-2019 01:11 AM

2nd helpings

Well he misses for the win while only placing in a tune up $300,000 race
Yet he is saved but still picks up $60,000

Now he again places in the classic. This time picking up $1,020,000.
I would love to be in those connections

Too bad racing jerked around with a bogus DQ on Maxi Security

So all they got was a no show on what they call the top horses big day.

Good for you Maxi I'm glad you stuck it to them and stayed away.

Mitch44 11-03-2019 04:54 AM

Hello bill,

I went against Mc Kinzie mainly because of the distance factor as I just didn't think he is a Gr 1 1 1/4 horse and more of a 9F type. Yes a very nice check for the place.

Max Sec. was my Derby pick and I think he was robbed, perhaps a political decision. Definitely not a decision you see in every day racing. I believe he was smart to skip the TC after that . Why beat up on a future potential champion? He will probably develop into a very good 4 year old.

Hope you made a few $$ on the BC and your health is good Bill. All my best to you and your Dad.

Mitch44

ScottB 11-03-2019 01:30 PM

Vino Rosso was the horse to beat.
It was his 3rd race back from a lay-off and was working out great.
Pletcher/Irad Ortiz, it doesn’t get any better than that.

Vino Rosso already won @ 1 1/4 mi @ Santa Anita.