Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS2 / FAQ's (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   S/D - What does it mean? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9855)

mesquitedavid 06-08-2014 10:11 AM

S/D - What does it mean?

1 Attachment(s)
What does S/D mean ? Search talks about San Diego and I am pretty sure that's not it.[ATTACH]37829

rmath 06-08-2014 10:29 AM

S/d

Mesquitdavid, S/D stands for Surface and Distance

mesquitedavid 06-08-2014 10:44 AM

Thanks

Thanks

Bill V. 06-10-2014 07:27 PM

say the magic word ....

1 Attachment(s)
If you happen to find a race were all the horses in the race have only run at Del Mar, Either on the dirt if its a dirt and turf if its a turf and no other track then the S/D could stand for the record at San Diego :D

Attachment 37831

sureshotlink 06-11-2014 12:26 AM

37 more day's but who is counting!!:D

SamP 09-06-2014 09:07 PM

S/d

In my opinion the way RDSS2 displays S/D numbers is confusing. If today's race is a 6f dirt sprint, then the S/D numbers represent ALL dirt sprints that the horse has run. This would include 5f, 5.5f, 6f, 6.5f, 7f and 7.5f dirt races. Maybe the horse isn't competitive in races less than 6f, but he is competitive in 6f races. If the horse has more than 10 races, then some of the results are hidden and we don't know if they were 5f or maybe 7.5f races. I have looked at the TrackMaster pps and they seem to display the Correct information. Maybe Ted could explain why RDSS2 handles S/D the way it does.

SamP 09-07-2014 02:38 PM

S/d

I should have started the last message by saying that DRF, Brisnet, and TrackMaster define S/D to be about the distance and surface of today's race. Meaning that if today's race is a 6f dirt sprint, then the S/D numbers should only include all of the 6f dirt races that the horse has run, not any other distance or surface. Sorry I didn't include that.

Ryan.p.coli 09-09-2014 08:04 PM

I think RDSS' interpretation of S/D groups all Routes together and all sprints together.

IE: S/D on for a 6f race in RDSS on turf would include all turf sprints, regardless of 5f-7f. That's just what I've noticed.

Ted Craven 09-10-2014 12:29 PM

The numbers in the 'Stats' box are precisely what I get in the data file from TrackMaster. S/D relates to the distance grouping of today's race - all sprints or all routes for today's surface. Plus - re today's surface, if it is NOT Turf (i.e. dirt or flavour of Poly / All-weather) all dirt and Poly stats are grouped together.

I agree it is not as detailed as it could be. Also, it does not agree completely with newer TrackMaster data file contents, as displayed in some TrackMaster products (which is broken out more fine-grained).

One of numerous data-file upgrades which are possible. I can ask about upgrading this data in our RDSS data file, for a future software update.

Meanwhile, while not being indelicate, to see what a horse has been able to do in its past 10 efforts - well, we have the glorious details in the running lines. Older than that - can you rely on whether the info is still relevant, or reproducible today (e.g. once upon a time, won or placed in a race near today's distance at today's track, while not having done so recently or been entered by connections to do so recently ...)? Just asking.

Ted

SamP 09-10-2014 12:56 PM

S/d

Thanks for your input Ted. I was just curious why the TrackMaster Past Performances showed S/D numbers differently than RDSS. Not a big deal.