Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RDSS 2.1 Update (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12221)

Ted Craven 04-15-2019 01:29 PM

RDSS 2.1 Update

It's Monday so that means TwinSpires (TS) website changes have 'broken' yet another link used internally by RDSS Version 2.1.048-a (the current public version). :(

If you are using this version, you will likely notice frequent '(not responding)' messages while RDSS periodically checks a TS page for something or other and cannot connect, stalling for a 'time-out' period of several seconds.

I have duplicated this problem. Unless this magically goes away later today, I will assume that this version of RDSS is finally 'broken', as it started to breakdown in early March by not being able to access the tote board.

I have been testing an update which has resolved all these problems, and does not experience the 'not responding' problem from today. it has not been ready to release due to some other bugs and a small list of things I wanted to include before releasing a wide-spread update.

I will now accelerate my work on this update and attempt to release it in the next few days, even if I have to update it yet further in the next month or so.

I am sorry for this new problem and will work as fast as I can to fix it.

Ted

Lt1 04-15-2019 01:43 PM

Version v also having tote board problem.
Tim

brixdude 04-15-2019 01:47 PM

Can we revert to a previous version that does work?

Ted Craven 04-15-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt1 (Post 120760)
Version v also having tote board problem.
Tim

Really Tim? I hooked up 3 people this morning with Version -V and it worked instantly for all of them, tote and all. Could you retry it please. Please email me with Windows version particulars.

Anyone else testing Version -V and also having tote or 'not responding' problems?

That -V version is my base version for an update, hopefully next few days. Everything has been working pretty well for the past several weeks testing, particularly tote.

Ted

Ted Craven 04-15-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brixdude (Post 120761)
Can we revert to a previous version that does work?

I'd really prefer not putting the time into figuring out which old versions are unaffected so you could revert to them, versus spending the same time getting the next one out, since I'm so close.

Ted

Lt1 04-15-2019 02:36 PM

OK Ted. Will let you know in a few
Tim

Ted Craven 04-15-2019 08:50 PM

I have sent an RDSS update to test to a few people in the Testing Group and hope to release it generally by Wednesday. If you did not receive an email from me about this and would like to test it in the next 24-48 hours, please email or PM me.

I'm sure there are a few things I can tweak with feedback, but some things I had hoped to include in the next update are NOT included in this update being tested. After this quick 'emergency fix', I plan to release another update by the end of April.

This update fixes the 'not responding' stalling problem discussed in this thread and fixes tote data flow in general.

Ted

Ted Craven 04-17-2019 10:30 AM

I expect to have an update to RDSS 2.1 either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm testing the changes and feedback from those who are testing the candidate update. I'll make a post here and send an email to all RDSS users.

Ted

mick 04-17-2019 12:20 PM

Run as Administrator

After installation of the new version, I would suggest that you run RDSS2 as the administrator the first time. It's easy to do. Right-click on the RDSS2 icon and select "Run as Administrator." That's all.

BTW the new version I'm beta-testing works fine.

Chazz 04-18-2019 08:45 AM

Ted,
Please send me the fix for not responding, when you have it
Chazz