Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Pace&Cap Weekend at the Spa! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9752)

Ted Craven 04-10-2014 03:47 PM

Pace&Cap Weekend at the Spa!

I just put the order in with NYRA for our tables in the Festival Tent at Saratoga, so it's time to be making plans again to come for a great weekend of racing (Alabama Stakes - summer 3 YO Fillies crown!) and to meet, share stories and good times with other great Pace&Cap members!

The dates are Friday August 15 - Sunday August 17.

I have the hotel room booked, and Mum and I will be there from the Wednesday, so if you'd like to meet up before Friday, just let me know! There's a chance I'll be around for the following week for the Travers :eek: (a treat for my 60th).

I plan again to book the conference room at the NHPLAY offices for our (becoming a tradition) Friday night pizza and handicapping seminar/party. Details to follow.

I know a number of folks have mentioned over the past little while they were thinking of finally making it this Summer. That's why we do it every year - some years you can make it, some you can't. So if this is the year - looking forward to meeting you!

Ted

wagercapper 04-20-2014 08:30 AM

Saratoga

Wow! Early thoughts of Saratoga racing! I haven't worked a race since 8/31/13. Just don't seem to have the time anymore. May not make it this year, but who knows?

polambi 04-25-2014 11:37 AM

This is the year for me, Ted. I will do my best to show up for at least a couple days...or maybe 3. We'll see...because I might be in the Caribbean around that time. Looking forward to wishing you happy 60th. They say that people in their 60's are happier than those in their 40's...so you're heading in the right direction :)

Ted Craven 04-26-2014 10:59 AM

Paul, looking forward to seeing you there! Bring back some dry weather from the islands - it can be rainy in Saratoga that time of August ;)

Ted

highvoltage88 04-29-2014 07:21 AM

I was looking to take a week off from work to head up to toga. I found an opening on the schedule for and decided to book it. Then I was scrolling around on here and found that it was the same week as pace and cap . So I will be going up and hopefully I will be able to meet everyone !

Ted Craven 04-29-2014 04:04 PM

It will be good to meet you HV, hope you can make it. Don't delay too long in arranging accommodations! Already the best in the immediate Saratoga vicinity are likely booked and the rest exorbitantly priced. You will likely still find hotels in the Albany area though, e.g. near the airport. That's not too bad - a 30 minute drive away directly up the Interstate.

I'll be there from the Thursday onwards.

Ted

highvoltage88 04-29-2014 06:14 PM

Yea when I go up there I usually stay at the turf and spa motel on Broadway. Looking forward to it!

CEW 05-09-2014 09:35 PM

Ted -

Greetings. I may be at Saratoga on your big weekend in August. If so, I will find you guys to say hello. Although I probably won't be involved in any of your sessions, I am curious about your arrangements with the tent and how you cover that, and if I could help defray the costs? Do you have a sign up or a head count or charge?

While I'm here, I want to thank you for keeping this site going. Although I'm not around here much, I've been a loyal Sartin guy since '87. I play part time but take it seriously. Once in a while I check in here and make some comments to the beginners. It makes me think about my own handicapping and how to continue to improve.

Anyway, I couldn't find any real specifics on the Saratoga weekend, so I thought I'd hit you up here.

Best regards,

Chuck Wilson
Maryland

Ted Craven 05-14-2014 08:56 AM

Chuck,

It would be a pleasure to spend some time with you in Saratoga. I would like to get a perspective from you on your usage of Synergism.

We don't do much formal when we gather at the track, in the Festival Tent area: just talk, work races, share perspectives, enjoy meeting and comparing notes and memories - the usual stuff :). People use different software - it's about the Sartin Methodology.

The last few years, I have covered the costs myself, though any contributions are happily accepted, no worries. You will find us by looking for the computers. I will be there from Thursday through Sunday, though only the 1 table on Thursday.

Looking forward to it!

yours,

Ted

CEW 05-14-2014 10:32 AM

Ted -

Thanks for your note. If I can get the arrangements together, I'll be there. We go up the last week in July every year, so its a bonus trip if I come up in August.

Take care,

Chuck