Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS2 / FAQ's (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   RDSS needs to shut down (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11186)

sdahl 06-05-2017 05:27 PM

RDSS needs to shut down

1 Attachment(s)
The last couple of days i have been getting this message every time i use RDSS. Does anybody have any ideas.

Stan

Bill V. 06-05-2017 06:23 PM

I have

I get that once in a while , Hardly at all but occasionally .
I just shut down and reopen and everything is fine .

If I had to say . I think its more likely to happen I am skimming cards , going from race to race quickly,

Bill

sdahl 06-05-2017 06:43 PM

You could be right Bill. I thought maybe clearing the cache if i went back to the race after handicapping with it might do the trick.

Stan

mick 06-05-2017 09:21 PM

Restart RDSS

Stan,

This is something Ted is aware of and plans to address. Presently, the best work-around is simply to restart RDSS.

From my own experience, I can download and assemble about two cards before RDSS stops working. So I always make it a point to restart after I've assembled two cards. I also try not to move too quickly when going from screen to screen. This allows the program more time to release memory after it has finished with it. While that's not a complete solution, it does seem to help.

barb craven 06-05-2017 11:49 PM

I've been having the same problem too and using the same work around Mick. I'm thinking of going back to the version before this update until Ted has a chance to fix it.
Barb

dlivery 06-06-2017 04:47 AM

Going back in time Barb

I would not mine going back a Version 1
Barb keep us posted when we can do this.

Lawrence

barb craven 06-06-2017 02:08 PM

Hi Lawrence. I'm not advocating any body else do this, and I haven't talked to Ted; but I just uninstalled the latest version and reinstalled RDSS2.1.033, which is the the one before the update. So far it seems to be running okay, although I'm only doing prx and fl, both separately.
Barb

Ted Craven 06-07-2017 12:07 PM

Folks, Barb is referring to a testing version of the upcoming V2.1 software. There is ONLY 1 version of it available. A candidate update I sent to only a few people to review before making it public had a few bugs in it so I am retracting it. If you didn't get it, no need to worry about it - just carry on with Testing Version V2.1.033.

If anyone still would like to test V2.1 of RDSS, please just let me know!

(And BTW, I am travelling until near the end of June, so checking in every few days. Cheers!)

Ted

Hoof 11 06-07-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 110365)
If anyone still would like to test V2.1 of RDSS, please just let me know!
Ted

I'll give it a go, but there's no hurry, i wont install it until after the racing is done this weekend, whenever you have time.

peter e 06-08-2017 02:33 PM

Ted,
after a break from RDSS I am getting back into racing. I would like to test version 2.1
Thanks, Peter.