Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New to the site (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12617)

Auraofglory 10-30-2019 09:12 PM

New to the site

Hello,

I have just gained access to the forum, and as someone who's been out of the game for quite a while, I'm trying to get up to speed.I've used Phase III and Synergism II on the old Tandy PC3 and Sharp 1360, and TPR by pen and paper. Currently, I've managed to lose the programs when changing the batteries, but I still have the original cassettes from years ago. Ideally, for the time being, I would like to get software that will run on my laptop (WINDOWS 7) but I've searched the WEB without any luck. When I go to a computer repair shop to try and reload the programs, they aren't impolite, but they do look at me like I just came out of a time warp.

I will probably play just one or two tracks (Finger Lakes and NYRA) but would like to automate things like the track profiles. I may be taking the wrong approach, so feel free to offer any advice that you think might help.

I've taken a swing through Trackmaster's web-based MPH samples, but I would rather depend on my own Quirin Speed Points and ESP, etc.

I've never visited a forum as serious and civil as yours, and promise not to go "Off Topic".

Cheers.............Aura of Glory (Jack)

Bill V. 10-31-2019 11:08 AM

Howdy

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Jack

Welcome to Pace and Cap

I suggest you contact Ted and try out RDSS2

If you're comfortable with older programs,
It is heartbreaking that you lost your Phase 3 and Syner.II
programs. If you send me the old disk I can replace the programs

All I would ask is a positive thought and pray for me
as I battle along health-wise

Check your Private messages
for more info

Good skill

PHASE III
Attachment 48548Attachment 48549

tom 10-31-2019 11:35 AM

Is that YOU , Jack? :D

Be sure you go back through the archives here, TONS of good material of every aspect of the methodology and beyond.

I found a gold mine of idea in the HAT sections, even outside the match up itself.

Great site here, great people.
Doc would be proud!

Auraofglory 10-31-2019 01:52 PM

Yup..................it's me. Hope to see you at the Thumb for simulcasting. Even if I end up playing from home, we can still stay in touch.............JK

Auraofglory 10-31-2019 02:17 PM

Many thanks Bill, for your suggestions and your generous offer. Both pretty typical of what I've seen you post to others on the site.

As you can see from his post on this thread, Tom is a member here too. We live about 30 miles apart. We are both old Sartinistas.

I may follow up on your RDSS2 suggestion, but I would like to avoid any new learning curves unless I absolutely must.

I'm somewhat confused by your mention of a disk. The programs are on tape cassettes.

All the best to you and yours...........Jack

Bill V. 10-31-2019 07:28 PM

That's Fine

Tom is such a nice contributor to Pace and Cap

So anyway having a tape or cassette or disk are all fine.
The key is you have the programs.
It is Ted and my strict policy that no programs be given out unless you want a replacement for an actual program,that you own.
When people request replacing programs, I ask for the old disk or tape in your case.

Both programs you asked for are small enough that I can zip them up and attach them to an Email.

You probably will need to run them on Dosbox or some other source since they are Dos programs.

When I send you the replacement programs I will also add all the missing files that cause a password requirement. So you can run both programs.

My place is
Seven x Zero x Twenty-Eight
San Bartolo Street
Carlsbad, Ca. Nine x Two x Zero x One x One
(ignore the x's)

Good skill