Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Surface Changes (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14080)

Hanger 08-19-2021 02:36 PM

Surface Changes

Does it matter if the listed surface is not the one they are running on today?

Example, Arlington is off turf- all POLY today. There is no option to change from Turf to Poly- so as long as I select POLY pace lines, nothing should really change right?....

Or is there more behind the scenes I am missing by not having the track surface correctly match the pace lines?

Thanks.

Mitch44 08-19-2021 03:26 PM

Basically a horse that runs on turf can handle synthetic tracks. What they don't like is the kickback from dirt and that pretty much does not exist on Turf or Poly, when it does it occurs lower on the body and not the head. However within Turf or Poly the horse may do better on one or the other. But for the most part their interchangeable.

I only use a Poly line if it doesn't have any Turf lines. Match the surface, Poly would only be if no Turf lines (plural here)exist.

Mitch44

SCSAYS 08-19-2021 03:27 PM

At AP Poly is considered the main track. If you look at the entries screen for race 2 that was origionally carded for the turf , the last line in the race conditions box states that the race will be run on the main track at 1 1/16 (8.5)

Hanger 08-19-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCSAYS (Post 137232)
At AP Poly is considered the main track. If you look at the entries screen for race 2 that was origionally carded for the turf , the last line in the race conditions box states that the race will be run on the main track at 1 1/16 (8.5)

Oh....don't I feel dumb, changed it to main track and poof it changed to Poly......sorry

Hanger 08-19-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch44 (Post 137231)
Basically a horse that runs on turf can handle synthetic tracks. What they don't like is the kickback from dirt and that pretty much does not exist on Turf or Poly, when it does it occurs lower on the body and not the head. However within Turf or Poly the horse may do better on one or the other. But for the most part their interchangeable.

I only use a Poly line if it doesn't have any Turf lines. Match the surface, Poly would only be if no Turf lines (plural here)exist.

Mitch44

Thanks Mitch, yes usually the synthetic I cap like turf as well, save you usually want to be more forwardly placed, but agree a lot of interchangeable parts there....
Thank you

Ted Craven 08-19-2021 06:13 PM

You can change the surface/distance of a race (e.g. for taken off Turf) on the Card Summary screen by right-clicking on the Surface or Distance Column and using the Dialog box which pops up.

In most cases (like this one), you'd select Main Track as the Surface change-to option. If the distance changes too, select the new distance, then click Update.

Ted

ranchwest 08-19-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 137248)
You can change the surface/distance of a race (e.g. for taken off Turf) on the Card Summary screen by right-clicking on the Surface or Distance Column and using the Dialog box which pops up.

In most cases (like this one), you'd select Main Track as the Surface change-to option. If the distance changes too, select the new distance, then click Update.

Ted

Is that information active for the current session or is it stored for usage in subsequent sessions, too?

Ted Craven 08-19-2021 11:18 PM

The change is stored in the database, so, it's persistent across sessions.

Ted

Hanger 08-20-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 137248)

Ted

Thanks Ted, yeah I saw that, and didnt even think that AP would call their Poly Main track- but obviously it is....just a blunder on my thought process. Thank you!

ranchwest 08-27-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 137255)
The change is stored in the database, so, it's persistent across sessions.

Ted

Thanks, Ted.