Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS2 / FAQ's (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   New Race Track Codes (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9817)

Ted Craven 05-14-2014 05:42 PM

New Race Track Codes

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 new Track Codes for new racetracks or new meets at existing Tracks:

1. BTP - Belterra Park, a new track constructed on the site of the former River Downs in Cincinnati, Ohio. It opened for racing on May 8 ( am a little late in getting this info out to folks ...).

2. OTP - Oak Tree Meet at Pleasanton. The Oak Tree Racing Association will be conducting a Summer meet beginning June 19 at the Alameda County Fair racetrack in Pleasanton, California.

In order to handicap races run at these new tracks, you will need to download the following file to your RDSS2 folder (right-click, Save Link As, or Save As ...):
Attachment 37560
Then load RDSS2. You will see 3 messages: informing you that BTP and OTP have been added as track codes, also that the file you just downloaded has been renamed (so it doesn't run again). Note: if you don't see these 3 messages, it's proof that you did not place the above file in your RDSS2 folder (please try again).
Attachment 37561
When you see BTP in your All Tracks list in the Data Centre, right-click it to edit the name (e.g. Belterra Park). Near June 19, when you see OTP in the All Tracks list, right-click to edit the name (e.g. Oak Tree Pleasanton).

The new codes will be already added to the database of the upcoming RDSS release.

Note: But wait, there's more! :mad::(:eek: There will be yet another new track code for the upcoming Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos this summer. Equibase/TrackMaster promises to get us this new code as soon as it is official (gee thanks ...)

Ted

dogkatcher 05-14-2014 07:48 PM

Let me be first:p

Everything has gone right on the install. I can see the file in my RDSS2 folder,
but no New tracks. All 3 messages came up and I followed intructions as given,
just no result for Moi.

signed: Atypical John

Ted Craven 05-14-2014 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Make your Data Centre look like this:

Attachment 37562

dogkatcher 05-15-2014 01:47 AM

Absolutely amazing. All afternoon no BTP. Tonight like Magic it appears.
I'm guessing it didn't show up due to pp's not yet available at Trackmaster.

I did the edit and when restarting next session BTP remains but Belterra Park
disappears. Did this a few times and the edit will not hold. BTC sticks which is
all we really need. I put the check mark in to take a peek at that track.

Looking forward to the upcoming RDSS release.

GeorgeC5614 05-16-2014 02:49 PM

Belterra Park showed up in my Data Centre without downloading the file :). Not complaining just thought I would mention it.

Ted Craven 05-16-2014 03:05 PM

George,

It would show up if you had it selected and queried TrackMaster to find out which cards were available for the Dates and Tracks you wanted. That doesn't necessarily mean you downloaded it, only that it is available.

If you actually Downloaded it (by clicking on Perform Selected Tasks, with the Download Task checked), then Converted it, it would show up in your Race Cards by Date Sidebar listing for the appropriate timeframe. If it doesn't show up there, you didn't download it.

Ted

Jeebs 06-19-2014 10:50 AM

According to Ron Tiller, Los Alamitos (Thoroughbred Only) will be LRC, while Quarter Horses and the low-level $3000 claimers will remain LA, Hazel Park will be HP and Northville Downs will be NVD. Mahoning Valley will be MVR.

Ted Craven 06-20-2014 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Jeebs.

Los Alamitos has added a new mile track to its site for Thoroughbred racing. Races on this new oval will carry the track code LRC. Racing runs July 3 - 13, and then again December 4 - 21. All future thoroughbred racing will be on this mile track, using the new track code.

Quarter horse racing (and perhaps some shorter thoroughbred races?) will continue on the existing 5/8th mile track. The new Thoroughbred meet will take place during the daytime, and quarter horse racing will continue at nighttime under the existing LA track code.

As per the instructions in Post #1 above, download the following file to your RDSS2 folder (e.g. c:\rdss2):

Attachment 37872 (use this one for LRC only)

If RDSS is open, close it. Then restart it. You will see messages similar to those shown in Post #1 above, for LRC race track. Then, when LRC data files are available (i.e. for the July 3 opener), that data will be available to download.

Ted

cct2447 06-21-2014 02:14 PM

new track codes

sorry, but I have no clue how to find the file to download to? thank you.

Ted Craven 06-21-2014 02:22 PM

After re-reading Post #1, when you get to the Save As screen, you are being asked to navigate to the RDSS2 folder on Drive C.

Look for Drive C in the locations at the left side of the screen, or Computer, then Drive C, or This PC then Drive C (depending on which Windows version you use). Anyway, when you get to Drive C, look for the RDSS2 folder and click on that. You're there!

Save the file there.

Ted