Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   BL tier bug (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11413)

Jeebs 12-21-2017 01:13 AM

BL tier bug

2 Attachment(s)
When I restart RDSS, the BL/BL is messed up:
Attachment 45159

If I make a change to contender status or change the line, it calibrates the BL/BL to be what it should be:
Attachment 45160

However, if I restart/shut down RDSS and go back into the race, the BL/BL screws up again.

Help please! :D

Ted Craven 12-22-2017 12:03 PM

Tim, could you show me your Configuration Screen settings, including the Edit Partimes Table (click the Edit Partimes button).

I don't get the same problem using your pacelines for that race, but I also get slightly different ranks for some horses.

Whenever you get strange sorts on Analysis screens, switching to a different Analysis screen then switching back usually fixes that (or changing paceline or Contender groups - anything to cause a recalc/refresh of the ranks). An outstanding bug, when it happens.

Ted

Jeebs 12-26-2017 11:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are my settings and pars:
Attachment 45165
Attachment 45166

After selecting lines/contenders, here is the BL/BL:
Attachment 45167

After restarting RDSS, here is the BL/BL:
Attachment 45168

Jeebs 12-26-2017 11:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Next, I change contender status of a horse and then change back:
Attachment 45169
Attachment 45170

The latter image is what my BL was prior to restarting. When I go back and restart again, it reverts back to this:

Attachment 45171

Headscratcher for sure.

Ted Craven 12-28-2017 11:55 AM

Tim, perfect documentation of a problem - thank you! Now I will attempt to duplicate and fix. The Cache-loaded numbers should be the same as initially created. Some recalc process is not happening.

I DO note that the tiers are correct - just not specific numbers.

Will report back.

Ted

Jeebs 01-09-2018 11:14 AM

Happened again MVR 2nd 1/9/18

4 Attachment(s)
This was my BL/BL and Rx for the race.

Attachment 45188
Attachment 45189

After having to close down the computer and reboot, this changed.

Attachment 45190
Attachment 45191

Changing contender status or a line and back again seemed to rectify temporarily.

Jeebs 01-09-2018 12:09 PM

Just tried some debugging of my own

3 Attachment(s)
I had screenshotted the pacelines that I had selected in the Selections forum, so I made a few changes:

Under "Paceline Tools", I selected "00 Manual (You select!), rather than letting the computer automatically calculate using the other tools. I also de-selected "Select Pacelines during Race Assembly".

I cleared the cache for the MVR card that I had downloaded (only worked the one race - Race 2). I then went back in and selected my pacelines from before.

BL/BL appears like this:
Attachment 45194

BL is consistent with my post in the Selections forum.

Rx on the other hand, is different:
Attachment 45195

In the Selections forum, the Rx looked like this:
Attachment 45196

I then opened a new race within the MVR card. Then, I re-entered the 2nd race. No change.

Jeebs 01-09-2018 12:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Now, I close down RDSS and re-open RDSS. Now, things get funky with BL/BL:
Attachment 45197

7 and 3 switched tiers, and the Primary Factors of the contending horses now have some 6 and 7's, seemingly taking on the ordinals from the non-contenders.

The Rx also changes, although the horses ranked do not change order:
Attachment 45198

Next, I change the 1A, 2 and 5 back to contenders. Then, change them back to non-contenders.

This fixes the issue for now, at least until the next time I close out.