Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11945)

CheckMark 11-04-2018 05:19 PM

Help

This was a original post but here it goes

It's "Total Victory at the Track." Published in 1977 I think. William L. Scott was the father of thoroughbred writers Bill and Scott Finley, thus pen name.

He created Performance Class Ratings.

Step one count all horses in each race.

Step 2 add second call positions of horse.

Step 3 add finish positions.

Step 4 add second and finish calls.

Step 5 make class adjustments. If todays race is $10k claiming, adjust one two, or three points up or down to total. Example $12k subtract on point, $16k 2 points, if very high quality race subtract 3 points. I use 8 levels for 3 points, $62k claiming, or $32k open allowance.

Step 6 divide final adjusted number by horses faced and I have a PCR rating.

Example--Race 6 Sunday Santa Anita 6.5f turf $50k open claiming

Tiz a Billy 71 horses in his 8 turf races. 14 at second call 27 at final calls.

71/14+27=41.

He had two 2 point lower class races. and six 2 point higher class races. 2x6=12 points minus 2x2=4 points for an 8 point adjustment.

71/14=27=41-8=33

Divide 71 by33 = 215

JohnGalt1 is the poster of here but Im asking if someone can help me with the class part of the system because it is a bit confusing

Thanks to all who help because I would like to use this in the future

This was previously on Pace Advantage but no one reply’s to me ofc :mad:

Mitch44 11-04-2018 08:01 PM

Conley it sounds like their treating you like a red headed step-child
over there. Welcome home!

After several steps I was lost. I guess I'm from the State of Confusion instead of Florida. ha ha

I don't believe these small class adjustments will have any effect on numbers that are so heavily weighted on pace. I would trash this and believe it to be garbage no matter who came up with it. I definitely don't see it as one of his finer works or contribution to racing.

Sartin did away with trying to adjust pace ratings in combination with class, way back in very early 90's or before, its in the Yellow manual. Sartin tried many different class weighting with pace and abandon it.

Sartin did come up with a Class Rating (CR)that has stood the test of time which is in the RDSS program. Most gloss over it and go right to BLBL or some other factor. Also within RDSS is a TrackMaster class rating RC which is based on the top 3 finishers Speed Rating. I would not recommend it and can think of many reasons why it would be inaccurate. One could easily keep records of these to determine which is best and or how. There is that nasty word again, WORK.

These are in the Glossary. Few really understand it and it's make up. Also it can be found in an early Follow Up # 5 page 7, for some reason it tends to be ignored. Old heads are familiar with it. Don't let the article confuse you, understand the concept and the make up of it - as its automatically computed in your RDSS program for every horse in a race.

Mitch44

CheckMark 11-05-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch44 (Post 118312)
Conley it sounds like their treating you like a red headed step-child
over there. Welcome home!

After several steps I was lost. I guess I'm from the State of Confusion instead of Florida. ha ha

I don't believe these small class adjustments will have any effect on numbers that are so heavily weighted on pace. I would trash this and believe it to be garbage no matter who came up with it. I definitely don't see it as one of his finer works or contribution to racing.

Sartin did away with trying to adjust pace ratings in combination with class, way back in very early 90's or before, its in the Yellow manual. Sartin tried many different class weighting with pace and abandon it.

Sartin did come up with a Class Rating (CR)that has stood the test of time which is in the RDSS program. Most gloss over it and go right to BLBL or some other factor. Also within RDSS is a TrackMaster class rating RC which is based on the top 3 finishers Speed Rating. I would not recommend it and can think of many reasons why it would be inaccurate. One could easily keep records of these to determine which is best and or how. There is that nasty word again, WORK.

These are in the Glossary. Few really understand it and it's make up. Also it can be found in an early Follow Up # 5 page 7, for some reason it tends to be ignored. Old heads are familiar with it. Don't let the article confuse you, understand the concept and the make up of it - as its automatically computed in your RDSS program for every horse in a race.

Mitch44

Nice write up. I will look more into it. Thank you!