Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AOdds Gold (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13162)

surlamer 07-30-2020 09:17 PM

AOdds Gold

Looking for AOdds Gold.
Have AOdds Silver Plus, but having issues with loading Hat files... rejects them as corrupted? Talked with Bris and they don't honor old software.

Was the Gold version any better?

gandalf380 07-30-2020 09:41 PM

I never had a problem with aodds gold. I haven’t used it for years though.

Mitch44 07-31-2020 09:00 AM

surlamer:

The Aodds Gold version(1998) was definitely better than Silver Plus and was sold privately by Jimmy "The Hat" Brawshaw.

Bris use to provide a free download version of Aodds, (Silver version) it appears they no longer do that but provide PP's for Aodds if you have it.

There is a way to run aodds in newer computer programs, but that's way beyond my ability. Aodds uses DOS language and today programs don't.Bill V. who just passed could have helped you. I'm sure there are some others here who may.

Having used Aodds Gold till it no longer was supported I would recommend you use the present day RDSS program. Aodds Gold in not even close in capability to RDSS.

Mitch44

surlamer 07-31-2020 05:01 PM

Thanks Mitch.

I have AOdds Silver Plus on a virtual machine within my Win7 OS. I can get Hat files from Bris, but they are tossed by the Checksum feature of the program as being corrupt. Talked with Bris and they no longer support any of the older software.

I had heard the Gold was better, but hard to come by.

I've talked with Ted C. about RDSS and that probably is the way to go.

I see you live in The Villages... was pondering moving there one day. Ohio winters and my age are not clicking well anymore!

surlamer

rmath 07-31-2020 05:27 PM

Surlamer

I have Aodds Gold also ,but I highly recommend RDSS .
Like Mitch, I stopped using it and totally agree with him that RDSS is the way to go.
Rmath

tom 07-31-2020 05:36 PM

Here's a suggestion - try the BRIS single data file ($1) instead of the Hat File.
I used to use the regular file all the time - it worked just fine I mistakenly used a regular file one day instead of the Hat file......no problems.

Mitch44 07-31-2020 07:03 PM

surlamer come on down, great place. You'll love it.

Mitch44

surlamer 07-31-2020 10:01 PM

Thanks Tom... good idea.
Looking forward to maybe RDSS?

surlamer 07-31-2020 10:05 PM

Mitch... may go down there (The Villages) sometime and check it out.
Used to play a lot of golf and heard they have that on site?
You could show me around?

surlamer 07-31-2020 10:07 PM

Hi Rich... looking forward to Trotomation.
Didn't think to ask you about AOdds Gold.
Thinking about RDSS instead... probably the real way to go.