Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Selections (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Redboarding (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12522)

rdiam 09-08-2019 09:58 AM

Redboarding

This post will probably ruffle a few feathers, so be it:

There is a concept on selection boards called "Redboarding" where the poster indicates his/her winning selection(s) AFTER THE RACE HAS RUN. Most who post do not practice redboarding. Those who do know who you are. Other than stroking your ego, it serves no purpose to brag how you had a winning bet AFTER THE FACT. If you are going to post selections or contenders, put them up BEFORE the race is run, preferably with some rationale.

Thanks for reading.

Richard

shoeless 09-08-2019 10:43 AM

I personally have no problem with it as long as the poster is using it
for teaching purposes

cratman 09-08-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeless (Post 123301)
I personally have no problem with it as long as the poster is using it
for teaching purposes

I agree.

Lefty 09-08-2019 12:26 PM

Hey, I'm close to fifty pct winners after race. LOL

Mitch44 09-08-2019 01:54 PM

My belief is put up your picks before post time or put up your ticket after. Prove it!

Mitch44

CheckMark 09-08-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch44 (Post 123310)
My belief is put up your picks before post time or put up your ticket after. Prove it!

Mitch44

🙏 Yes so true. That’s why I put up selections early AM and post scratches IF there is changes. It sounds kinda dumb for posting after the race and saying you had it but I do not mind when you bet the race and show the actual ticket after the race like Bill V

Bill V. 09-08-2019 03:11 PM

No value

My opinion

As Checkmark and Mitch say
Proof that actual bets were made must accompany winning bet
redboarding

Positive selections like Richard make with commentary and recaps
are the model I like best

Posting winners after the race with no documentation does not
really provide a learning tool

Nor does posting 4 selection for each race

like the Race 5 1,2,3,4 with no comments
but claiming after the fact :I had it:

Lt1 09-08-2019 05:11 PM

I for one refuse to question the integrity of any member of this group. If they claimed to have played something then so be it. i don't need to see tickets for proof. The only one they are fooling is themselves. And as a person who post 4 selections per race in my prefer order[not the way I may bet them] I'll be darned if I'm going to post tickets for every bet I make. If someone wants to ask a question about my selection process I'll be glad to answer it publicly or via pm,email,or phone] to help that persons' learning process. I apologize in advance if I offended anyone with my rant.
Tim

Lefty 09-08-2019 05:17 PM

Tim, I agree!

Mitch44 09-08-2019 06:28 PM

When I post 4 or 5 horses the 4th & 5th are strictly for ex. or trifecta betting. It makes perfect sense to go deeper for more deeper or complicated bets. Generally I bet my top two choices and only the 3rd if a nice overlay. I'm always trying to reduce the extension by having a key horse, that way I win more and when I don't hit I lose less.

Mitch44