Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Saratoga 2013! (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9067)

wagercapper 03-01-2013 03:34 PM

Saratoga 2013!

Hey, I know it's only March 1st, but I'm ready for Saratoga 2013 NOW!

wagercapper 03-26-2013 06:28 PM

This year (2013) is the 150th Anniversary of Saratoga Racetrack. There are 180 celebrations/events planned, and it all starts in MAY. The track opens July 19th.
PARTY-PARTY-PARTY!

barb craven 03-26-2013 08:39 PM

Anybody planning to go should think about booking their rooms. I got ours a couple of weeks ago and it was slim pickings then.

chris 03-27-2013 10:12 AM

Saratoga 2013

What will the dates be this year - anyone?

thanks,
chris

Ted Craven 03-27-2013 10:29 AM

Hey everyone! I got the tickets for the tables in the Festival tent again this year on our traditional Alabama Stakes weekend. This year: August 16 - 18 (Friday - Sunday).

We have 3 tables Friday and Saturday and 2 tables on Sunday. Tables nominally seat 6, but 4 is more comfortable. We are sharing seating again as usual with the PaceAdvantage group, so there may be more seats on a first come first served basis.

I plan to have another evening gathering/seminar at the NHPLAY facilities downtown, likely Friday evening.

As Barb, says, best book now to find anything reasonably priced (if that). One interesting possibility is to rent a home (or several rooms in a B&B) for the week or for several days and split the costs. We did some research via AirBnB.com and VRBO.com and found a few interesting possibilities. Reserved a downtown hotel, pending anything better later on.

Mum and I should be there from the Thursday through Monday. See you all there!

Ted

Mr.Pagine 04-10-2013 09:24 PM

Be there with Bells on

Ted,

Thanks for the invite...... I adore "The Spa", and will be thee with Bells on.
My Dad will love it again - Thanks.

tom kalies 05-09-2013 12:47 PM

Hi,

Anyone heading for Saratoga, who doesn't have a room yet. might want to try HyattPlace in Malta,NY. www.saratogamalta.hyatt.place.com
They have rooms for about $187/night. Or they have a Saratoga race track package for $225/night. Includes daily shuttle to track,2 clubhouse tickets, and a coupe of other things in the package.

Tom K

wagercapper 05-29-2013 03:24 PM

Hi,
Saratoga's looking good with all the decorations about town. Had lunch at Jacob & Anthony's today. Here's a nice little video on the 150th celebration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93MN...layer_embedded

If the link doesn't work, or for more info, go to saratoga150.com

wagercapper 06-29-2013 03:58 PM

This season (only 2+ weeks away!), Saratoga will be giving away at T-shirt, a bobblehead of Fourstardave, a model of the track, and a Saratoga Beer Stein.

I discovered that the picnic blanket from last year makes a wonderful dust cover for my piano!

Ted Craven 07-15-2013 03:49 PM

Free Seating this year!

Good news: I got the (modest) cheque from Google for the past 6 months or so of ad revenues at Pace and Cap (those sometimes annoying banner ads at the bottom of the page, and text ads when you use the PaceandCap Google Site Search).

This pays for the tables in the Festival Tent this year at our Pace and Cap annual general meeting in Saratoga Friday August 16 through Sunday August 18. Previous years cost: $5 per day - so now everyone can increase their wagers ... ;) (You still have to pay a general admission).

It's first come first served for seating at the 3 tables we have booked, though members of the PaceAdvantage group have also blocked some more tables the same days. In previous years, we have co-mingled the tables and so far everyone has been seated with space left over some days.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. I know of several new folks who have indicated they plan to attend for the first time.

Mum and I will be there from August 15 - 19.

See you soon!

Ted