Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Using Energy. (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10928)

Thoroughvest 02-22-2017 02:33 PM

Using Energy.
 
After 40 years of handicapping I have come proficient in selecting the top three contenders. My question is...Not being familiar with the concept of energy and reading that it is quite good at separating contenders, I am wondering how I could utilize energy to separate my three contenders. I play two horses per race.
I am assuming that the horse who expends the least energy is likely to hit the wire first. But something tells me it's not that simple. Can somebody lead me in the right direction....Many Thank's..

Bill V. 02-22-2017 03:53 PM

Not sure
 
HI I am not really clear as to what you mean,
I am guessing you are not using any Sartin software ?
Are you asking, if you get a race down to 3 horses , how can I use the concept of energy,

Hope to help
Bill

Mark 02-22-2017 06:17 PM

You are my hero!! That is fantastic!!!

Thoroughvest 02-22-2017 06:20 PM

Yes Bill. that is precisely what I am asking...What I am using is The "Hats" Aodds Gold and Equisim.
Wondering if I could use energy to pick my final two horses. Curious as to how successful that might be.

Thank's for taking the time to reply.

Bill V. 02-22-2017 06:27 PM

3
 
Well the fact that you can confidently get races down to just 3 horses, is very commendable.

There are many manuals and things written in the follow ups regarding the energy program

You have me curious, it's been a few years since I have looked at the Energy program

Tim Y 02-22-2017 06:41 PM

Energy
 
One of the BREAKTHROUGH programs of all of them.

Phase III was all about segmental velocity and energy utilized the same segments but expressed them in percentages of a whole: i.e. Breaking down Funny Cide's last line before his Derby...

His fractional velocities (feet/sec) were 55.2,54.7, 52.6 for a total energy of 162.5.

Energy expressed EACH FRACTION as a percentage of that total so F1 55.2/162.5= 33.96, F2 54.7/162.5= 33.66, and F3 52.6/162.5=32.39

Running STYLE then was based upon a different concept from POSITION, but was then defined by energy expended. Energy expended to the 2nd call (sum of percentage of F1 and F2 would then sum to 67.62 (or sustained/presser)
Early would be high, and these are just generalizations, 68.5 to 70, E/P 67.5=68.5, presser ...etc until LATE were in the range of 64 to 65

Defining running STYLE by energy expenditure it gave those who used it a new and distinctly different way of looking a how the horse did against the pace of the race, and FAR better defined what running style was NORMAL for said animal.

Using this new yardstick allowed one to establish % median standards (and or e/l) for each distance at the track. It showed how animal's start going off form (CLASSIC example was Curlin before his last run in the Breeder's Cup that horse was getting higher % medians his last 4 races and dipping in total energy). Just looking at his pp's by POSITION would NEVER indicate that subtle change.

Energy expenditure gives on insights on CAN this horse go this distance? Is this horse in form? Does this horse fit the profile of this track (OFTEN a great separator of lets say PARX horses going to New York, or most horses going INTO or leaving the very specific energy requirement of the Fair Grounds).

NONE of these insights were available wit the older programs. Once you use it, you will be surprised you ever could go without it.

Tim Y 02-22-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoroughvest (Post 107928)
I am assuming that the horse who expends the least energy is likely to hit the wire first. But something tells me it's not that simple. Can somebody lead me in the right direction....Many Thank's..

Total energy as defined, gives preference to the animal's with the potential of having the HIGHEST total energy coming in to a contest.

It is an odd definition but consistent.

I know that at Paceadvantage on guy there who is a physicist keeps yelling that energy can only be expressed as JOULES..Not so here.

Bill V. 02-22-2017 07:03 PM

Energy
 
5 Attachment(s)
I happen to have this race saved from a thread from yesterday
Parx race 1 a cheap maiden claimer

I have 5 contenders

lets look at them first

First thing is the Energy Generator

Attachment 42426

Next comes the adjustments screen

Attachment 42427


Next comes the Paragons A and B, the Energizer and the variegate screen

Attachment 42428

Now the sort

Attachment 42429

last is the EXDC match up

Attachment 42430

You say you can get the race down to 3 horses

For ease of this demo, lets just take the top 3 Total Energy

That would be the 2,7 and 6
I will scratch the others

Bill V. 02-22-2017 07:24 PM

Shoeless
 
5 Attachment(s)
I hope Jeff B ( shoeless) can help me out, I know he is a ace with Energy

Here are my "3 contenders"

Energy Generator

Attachment 42431

Adjustments

Attachment 42432

Paragons Variegate and Energizer

Attachment 42433

Sort

Attachment 42434

EXDC

Attachment 42436

Like I said its been awhile, But this is how I use Energy

Lets go to the paragon variegate and Energizer
screen


The Paragons are split between the 2 and 7

The energizer is the 2 But the MUV horse is the 6
If the 2 was the MUV horse it should go wire to wire

The Variegate is Sustained

Lets look at the Sort

Since the Variegate is Sustained i would look at the top 2 SP or LP horse
That would be horse 7 and 6

Now I would look at the Paragon B bar graphs
again I see 7 and 6
If the variegate was early or EP I would look at Paragon A and the MUV

Now onto The EXDC Match up , again since we have a Sustained Variegate
I would look at Paragon B
and take the 7 and 6

shoeless 02-22-2017 07:31 PM

Bill,

I wouldn't be of much help, I never really used the program.

Jeff


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.