Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Inaccuracy in equibase result chart (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11155)

polambi 05-08-2017 10:54 AM

Inaccuracy in equibase result chart
 
1 Attachment(s)
:confused: I'm guessing equibase results charts are used to make what we purchase as data files for RDSS and other softwares.
Yesterday, May 7th, I bet on the #9 horse in race 6th at Belmont. So I had watched that race with great interest. This morning, while doing my post mortem, to see where I went wrong in that race, I'm surprised to see the results chart Which I accessed directly from RDSS showing that the #9 lost by big margin, when in fact, it was by a neck. How often do they make those mistakes in the charts that we so deeply rely on???

Mitch44 05-08-2017 11:24 AM

polambi:

Based on what you said in your post the chart is correct. Charts are reversed from what the PP say and state. The figure next to the horse in the chart says how much it beat the horse behind it. I.e. the winner # 2 beat the 9 by a neck and the # 9 beat the # 12 by 2 3/4 lg. etc.

In the PP's its more easily understood because their only showing one horse and the total beaten lengths. The further down one goes in the result chart than you have to add them up whereas in the PP's that's already done for you.
Its a little more tricky working with charts but then again they do provide more information that doesn't appear in the PP's.

By the way this is a common mistake if making your own figures etc. or keeping a track profile for beaten lengths at different calls in a race from result charts. Just think how disastrous that is for a track profile. PROFILER'S BEWARE!!!!

Mitch44

polambi 05-08-2017 12:36 PM

:) Thanks for your reply Mitch. I'm glad I brought it up. I could not figure it out. Thanks for your explanation.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.