Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RDSS Hangs - SA 2/28 - Race6 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16962)

Ted Craven 02-28-2025 11:16 AM

RDSS Hangs - SA 2/28 - Race6
 
2 Attachment(s)
It appears that RDSS 'hangs' when trying to assemble Race 6 at Santa Anita today Feb 28. It starts assembly but never finishes it and you can't move on to other actions - have to restart.

Something happens during automated paceline selection which is odd - not sure what, though there are some strange lines to choose from for this collection of Maiden Claimers.

The solution is -- restart RDSS, choose any other race, go to the Paceline Selection Strategies tab and un-check the 'Select Pacelines During Race Assembly' box (if checked). Then re-assemble Race 6 (right-click on that race on the Card Summary Screen).

RDSS will assemble the race but NOT select any pacelines - you can do that yourself. Then handicap the race. Then re-check that setting (if that's what you normally do).

I'll investigate this further to understand what caused the problem.

Good luck today!

Ted

(Manual line selection looks something like this.)

Attachment 53972
Attachment 53969

cdax 03-15-2025 06:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very "glitchy" today. Same hanging problem on multiple cards, even after unchecking paceline box.

Other races appear like this.

Working around it for now. Last week everything was fine.

Chris
Attachment 54049

cdax 03-15-2025 06:20 AM

It appears Twinspires is conducting some site maintenance which isn't allowing the PL and PP numbers, for now. I will just reassemble later.

cdax 03-15-2025 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 54050

On some races within a card, you need to shift the entries and past performances. Like above.

The blank entry is the 1 horse, then 1 pps is actually 2 and so on. 7 has correct pps but is a duplicate to the 6 (because the 5 is actually the 6).

Gotta stay on your toes today and double check I have my correct contenders.

cdax 03-15-2025 09:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a bit of a challenge (gonna be worse when I start drinking).

The blank entry has the sire and dam of the 1 horse. The entry that shows the 1 horse has the correct name, jockey and trainer but has the sire and dam for the 2 horse.

Fun time trying to make sure my P5 and P4s are what I want.

Getting good practice today loading up screenshots tho.:)

Chris

Attachment 54051

Attachment 54052

MJS6916 03-15-2025 11:58 AM

I don't have the weight, sire, and dam info at FairGrounds today.

I'll restart RDSS and see if that does the trick.

Mike

MJS6916 03-15-2025 12:39 PM

Tried it again and got the same result (no weight, sire, & dam).

Everything else seems to be in order.

I don't have RDSS getting the Twinspires Numbers or scratch info for me,

and I set it so it doesn't auto-pick the pacelines when I tell it to assemble each race.

Not sure if that previous sentence helps any.


Mike :)

cdax 03-15-2025 02:04 PM

Just assembled Turfway. No issues, everything looks good. Will try to play that.

Ted Craven 03-15-2025 07:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Either the issue with accessing some data from TwinSpires resolved itself by the time I tested this (5:40pm PT) or the new version of RDSS which is soon to be in wider testing deals with it.

The above cited races seem to be displaying properly:

Attachment 54053

Attachment 54054

Attachment 54055

Tip in case this happens again:

1. UNCHECK Get TS Ratings on the Config screen, Save then restart RDSS.
2. Re-assemble the card/race. If still a problem (Entries mis-displayed) -
3. Re-download, re-convert the card in the Data Centre (UNCHECK the Don't Duplicate box to FORCE a re-download, re-convert).

I appreciate all reports of such incorrect displays or missing data. It will help me to make the new version as bullet-proof as possible.


Thanks!

Ted

winning 03-15-2025 09:10 PM

Hi Ted,

I need your help, I'm in the NHC tournament in Las Vegas, and

My GP race #10 for 3/16/2025 is frozen, and I couldn't open the file. I did what you said above, but still could not open file, same thing for SA last race for
3/15/2025.

Thank-you,

Brian Eng


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.