![]() |
Spec160 with DosBox
I'm attempting to use Spec160. I've setup the folders spec160 & trkmast on my C: drive. Spec160 opens but when I attempt to open the download I get error messages. Any way to make this work?
|
Hi Eric,
Spec160 and VAL4 will never work on Dosbox.It's because of that separate directory of 'Trkmast' that Dosbox cannot get through.If you have a newer computer,get the Oracle Virtual Machine...or get an old XP laptop from Ebay.Hope this helps. Ray |
Thanks, Ray. I was using Parallels. I will look into Oracle.
|
I want to know if I can run Dosbox on Windows 10, or Windows 11, to run some of my old Sartin Programs. i'm currently running Windows 7, but Microsoft doesn't support Windows 7 anymore. Thank-you.
|
1. In your normal Windows File Manager, navigate to c:\Spec160 (or wherver you loaded Speculator)
2. Create a subfolder of c:\Spec160 named TrkMast. You must place the TrackMaster files (e.g. those created for your by RDSS or downloaded from TrackMaster) in this folder --> c:\Spec160\TrkMast and NOT c:\TrkMast (in RDSS, change the target folder destination when creating Val/Spec files) 3. Run DosBox - enter the following mounting commands: mount c c:\Spec604. Essentially, in DosBox you mount a folder as a drive (e.g. make Drive C in DosBox a proxy for c:\Spec160. Now that DosBox thinks Drive C means c:\Spec160 folder - it will look for the fixed location for files - c:\TrkMast - actually in the real folder c:\Spec160\TrkMast 5. I'm not sure where to get the old files for Spec or Val anymore, in the new TrackMaster Store. But you can always get this in the RDSS Data Centre. If you don't see the Task anymore to create Val/Spec files, open the Config file (Config Screen button) and somewhere in the Config file [General] section, perhaps with the other Task_ directives, add the following new line Task_tmpp_disp=1. Save the Config file, then restart RDSS. Same only different if you're running Val4, or other older Sartin programs which expect to find data files in a hard-coded file location. Good luck! Ted |
Winning
I have Winddows 11 Pro. If your programs are Windows based I run a virtual box with XP Pro. If your programs are DOS based you can install either dosbox or vdosbox. my preference is vdosbox. I think that you will find a large bottle of bourbon will help a great deal. Good Luck, Not the Ted you might think it is. |
Trackmaster files
In the Trackmaster store the .exe files are still available for purchase at $1.75 per card. Discounts for larger orders. Thanks, Ted, for making spec160 still compatible for todays racing.
|
I made a mistake on the programs to allow OS based programs. It is dosbox and vdosplus with my preference being vdosplus
Not the Ted you might think it is. |
Quote:
|
Thank-you teb21 for your response and help!
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.