Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hat Check - How Can We Help You? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Maiden Wins (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1846)

VoodooFan 01-12-2007 03:57 AM

Maiden Wins
 
Mr. Bradshaw, what is your reasoning for not liking Maiden wins for evaluation or as a contender? What about 2 yr olds who break their maiden? VoodooFan

Bill Lyster 01-30-2007 04:20 PM

One of the first questions that I formulated as well as I read thru the text. I think that there are a lot of justified, and perhaps, built in prejudices about winning maiden lines and their use in subsequent races, but I also feel that getting Jim's input on this subject is important. Some times you have to use them, but I would be interested, both pro and con, in hearing Jim's views on the subject often raised in the book.

THE HAT 02-01-2007 09:41 AM

This is a very difficult question to answer. Sometime I use maiden wins and sometimes I don’t. The same applies to other lines. Remember, in the match up there aren’t any hard fast rules. I look at all lines showing for all the horses in today's race, but for the final analysis I use lines that shows what a horse can do in today’s race. If a horse has failed a few time after a maiden win I want to know why before I use that line.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.