Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS Beta Testers Questions & Answers - CLOSED (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Saratoga August 17 - problem with 9th Race Distance (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4384)

clore1030 08-16-2008 11:01 PM

Saratoga August 17 - problem with 9th Race Distance
 
I got an error message about past performances for the 9th race tomorrow. I didn't copy it down as at first I thought that it was the standard one for Steeplechase races, but this is a flat turf race at the admittedly rare distance of 13 furlongs.

Is this a Trackmaster issue or one for RDSS.

Thanks in advance Ted.

Ted Craven 08-16-2008 11:51 PM

Charles,

If you refer to the message stating "Past Performances are unavailable for this distance right now", it is a RDSS message given for distances over 12f and under 4f, which we cannot handicap from any pace perspective.

Perhaps an alternate way of handling these distances is to simply omit the Adjusted and compounded ratings screens, but show everything else.

Ted

clore1030 08-17-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 37975)
Charles,

If you refer to the message stating "Past Performances are unavailable for this distance right now", it is a RDSS message given for distances over 12f and under 4f, which we cannot handicap from any pace perspective.

Perhaps an alternate way of handling these distances is to simply omit the Adjusted and compounded ratings screens, but show everything else.

Ted

Thanks Ted, I thought it was something like that. It's been a while since I've used the program and I can't remember running into that message before.

As to rewriting in order to compensate, I have to ask if it's worth the trouble for distances that come up so infrequently. Now that the issue has been raised, perhaps others may wish to chime in.

Thanks again for your response.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.