Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   "Lou Sosa weekends at the Spa/Shore Exotica contest" (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Final contest overall totals (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4476)

RichieP 09-01-2008 09:07 AM

Final contest overall totals
 
By the slimmest of margins John "Dogkatcher" is the winner of the Overall at contests end. He fought tooth and nail and got the job done. Very difficult to do while front running practically the whole contest!!

Larry "Lschofiel" closed gamely in the stretch to just miss at the wire. My good friend played very well and is the nicest man too! His contest results here have been very good!

John when you get a chance let me know which of the 2 prizes you would like. I will mail both prizes to you and Larry this week.

A big big BIG thank you to Lou Sosa. You do so much behind the scenes here to "help friends win" it could not go unrecognized man. Tu salute Lou!! :)

Finally to EVERYONE who played a big THANK YOU for participating!!! This is for you. Coooool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHnZ...eature=related

Then there is this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFBt9...eature=related

Code:

bill l - 476.00
barb c - 785.70
richie p - 564.30
jim g - 280.00
mikesal - 647.50
alydar - 444.90
Bill V - 740.50
shrink - 249.70
xtb - 343.00
dogkatcher - 872.30
nets - 74.60
rverge - 280.40
dodeca - 441.30
mufasa - 405.80
partsnut - 284.10
chazz - 347.40
lschofiel - 844.70
racetrack j - 179.40
hdcpr - 690.30
azbacks - 169.80
raceman5 - 29.20


socantra 09-01-2008 10:46 AM

Richie,

I think you should probably give an honorable mention to the up and coming filly, Barb C, who posted some pretty impressive numbers for someone who claims to be a beginning handicapper.

Dick

Bill V. 09-01-2008 11:20 AM

Great work
 
great job

Dogkatcher, Larry, Barb and All

You guys all made it a fun contest

Bill

JimG 09-01-2008 12:41 PM

Congrats to the winner and everyone who participated!!

Thanks Richie for running another fun contest.

Jim

Charlie D 09-01-2008 12:54 PM

Good Skill guys and gals

Bill Lyster 09-01-2008 01:45 PM

This was a great contest from a lot of points of view. Primarily, I think, it points to just how hard it is to consistently pick the place horse when the primary focus is first, to pick the winner.

Even the eventual winners 'win percentage' on these types of bets was lower than most would have guessed. It points to an area that needs improvement if one is to successfully use exactas as part of a consistent betting plan.

Thanks to Richie for running another eye-opener,


Bill

RichieP 09-01-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socantra (Post 39426)
Richie,

I think you should probably give an honorable mention to the up and coming filly, Barb C, who posted some pretty impressive numbers for someone who claims to be a beginning handicapper.

Dick

You are right on the money Dick. My bad :)

Also Barb and Bill both missed weeks/days so that's even more impressive! :D

Barb might be a beginner but she is not up and coming. She rocks!

Bill fought real hard and the day he missed there were numerous high payers so who knows what might have shaken out ;)

Let me tell you something. Watch Mikesal in future contests man. He missed wagering on quite a bit of races and look what HE tallied! Really good stuff.

Hdcper closed very strong after lagging far behind so that is a good feeling and good work!

All in all it was a good vibe.

Keeping to our "pattern" here the next one will be VERY different format wise than this was.

I'll get with folks like Bill,Ted,Charlie,Pino and my big brother Shoeless (had a good hour long phone call with him this morning.YES we fussed and tussled a bit this morning but in the end things ALWAYS get right.He really is such a kind man with a heart of gold.). They will give me good feedback on ideas as they always do!

dogkatcher 09-01-2008 05:28 PM

Thanks Richie, for a fun contest. Being a Sprinter stretching out, I really tired badly in the stretch, with just enough gas to hold on. I think everyone had fun as we tried to sharpen our skills using the Methodolgy, and learning that that 2nd nag is a booger to get some times.

I'd like to thank Bill for his donation of the Handicapping Magic CD which will be my choice of prizes. As always, win or lose the Contests here at Pace and Cap are always a fun experience, and we look forward to the next event.

Best Of Health and Good Fortune to All

John
dogkatcher
retired ole fart

barb craven 09-01-2008 07:58 PM

Thanks again Richie for a great contest and congratulations everyone.

These contests show me how much there is to learn, and how little I really know. Ii agonized for a long time on how to pick a line for a poly race when the horse has only run on turf or dirt or vice versa. I had all the books open. I think I have it figured out and someone askes a question I hadn't even thought of. Back to the books again.

You all are really great - friendly and helpful. You have no idea what a learning curve I'm on and loving every minute of it.


Dick - I really am a beginner. I went to my first track (Ft. Erie) last weekend with a friend (neither of us had ever been before) and bet with real money for the first time. I lost 2 - 2 to win bets ($2 each), but won a boxed exacta for A$35.50. We did it in such a rush (not the way to go I know, but it couldn't be helped) that I didn`t have time to notice the phsychological difference in mindset that Richie and Ted had warned would happen. I came out feeling I had missed something, somehow.

Back to the real world and more slogging.

Barb

alydar_ David 09-01-2008 11:32 PM

Thanks, Richie, for running the contest. You did a good job!

:>)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.