![]() |
Helpful tool to adjust for viewing
I am a new user to RDSS and also had some vision problems (now corrected)
In addition to Ted's recommendations for Resolutions setting I found it real helpful to adjust the monitors settings for Brightness and Contrast. Makes it a real pleasure for viewing. Bobp |
Thank you Bob for that suggestion. I also have trouble seeing on my laptop. I've just adjusted the settings and WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
Barb |
Can I get a copy of the tool? I have a couple of computers loaded with RDSS and they have different screen sizes and on one wich I believe is a 24 inch I have trouble properly fiting so that full access is available. The buttons on the bottom to move from race to race are not fully visible. I have the HP TouchSmart PC with Vista operating system that is my problem system.
Thanks, Robert |
1 Attachment(s)
Robert,
I think I understand Bob (and Mum) to be saying they got a better clarity/readability from their monitors by tinkering with the Contrast and Brightness settings buttons on the external monitor itself. I think you might be referring to a problem with screen resolution itself for the current screen settings you are using. See your Vista Control Panel, Personalization, Display Settings dialog then choose a screen resolution ofat least 1024 vertical, if you can (e.g. 1280 x 1024 or 1680 x 1050). This should make everything show up, with no cut off bottom tabs. If you can't get such a vertical resolution (e.g. you can only get 1440 x 900 or 1280 x 960 or something less than 1024 as the 2nd number), then on a horse's PP screen, try hitting the '2' icon at the top section of a horse's PPs to adjust 2 panels to fit within the available screen height. The icon looks like this (on Version 0.98.5) Attachment 15684 Hopefully this will make all your tabs fully visible. If you can get the 3 panels with a vertical resolution of 1024 or higher, but that makes your text too small for comfort, you can try increasing the font size in RDSS using the new Font Zoom setting in the Configure window to something like 120% (or higher). Let us know if this helps. Ted |
Robert
I use Ted's latter suggestion on my laptop which has vista. I put RDSS zoom to 130 and use the top 2 panels to select my lines and then go to the analysis screen (bottom screen)as a separate entity. At first it was a pain, but now I can switch back and forth easily. And, I can see so much better. also boosted the clarity in the display setting dialogue . On my desktop monitor, i fiddled with the brightness and contrast buttons on the monitor. Hope this helps Barb |
Ted, as always thanks for your help. I am unable to get fully to the bottom tabs to change from race to race. The most I get is a thin tip of the top part of the tab and I have to get it just right with the pointer to move along.
I am only able to get a resolution of 1440 900 as my high. I can toggle back between the 2 and 3 screen information windows but the tabs no matter what are not clearly reachable. You would think that with such a large monitor I could see it all but this is not the case. The zoom window in configeration is compressed so that I have to highlight to see what the actual zoom number is but that would not do anything for the tab problem. Robert |
Robert,
I agree about Zoom. Let me play with the 1440 x 900 resolution and see if I have any ideas for you. I think I have one of those around here somewhere. The fault is entirely RDSS' for not vertically sizing correctly for 900 pixels, and sorry about that. I'll get back to you. Ted |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.