Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will TPR Predict The Winner Of This Race? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5484)

partsnut 04-10-2009 11:18 PM

Will TPR Predict The Winner Of This Race?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Will TPR Predict The Winner Of This Race?

KEE 04-11-09 Race (1)

I've set up this spreadsheet to try and project the winner of this race using TPR (before the fact) and assuming I have the right contenders , which I've gotten with PaceAppraiser and my numbers are correct, the outcome should be favorable (hopefully). :) In my opinion there are some others on this board that share my belief that TPR is a very predictive factor when used correctly.

Anyone that wishes to express an opinion would be welcomed, encouraged and respected.

Tim Y 04-11-2009 03:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Beware Turfway lines being too good

shoeless 04-11-2009 05:15 AM

Parts,Nice job on spreadsheet but I would include the EPR and FFR as well.Jeff

RichieP 04-11-2009 06:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by partsnut (Post 52216)
Will TPR Predict The Winner Of This Race?

KEE 04-11-09 Race (1)

I've set up this spreadsheet to try and project the winner of this race using TPR (before the fact) and assuming I have the right contenders , which I've gotten with PaceAppraiser and my numbers are correct, the outcome should be favorable (hopefully). :) In my opinion there are some others on this board that share my belief that TPR is a very predictive factor when used correctly.

Anyone that wishes to express an opinion would be welcomed, encouraged and respected.

Morning Bill
Here is my Tpr look at the race. Also attaching the Blue Grass same look.

Hey great work at the Kee contest man! Keep it going strong Bill
Richie

Profiler8 04-11-2009 07:40 AM

Hi Partsnut,

can you give me some information about Paceappraiser to seperate the contenders from the non-contenders ? I am a new user of Paceappraiser. I think should be very useful for figuring out the pace of the race.

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim

shoeless 04-11-2009 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well since you guys are at least putting up readouts I thought I would throw my 2 cents in for 1st at Keeneland

partsnut 04-11-2009 12:36 PM

Richie P:
Quote:

Morning Bill
Here is my Tpr look at the race. Also attaching the Blue Grass same look.

Hey great work at the Kee contest man! Keep it going strong Bil
Hi Ritchie,

Thanks for the kind encouragement.
The Keenland contest is very competitive. Lots of big price horses.
I'm at 38% winners (8 out of 21) with a positive ROI but find it hard to
compete against the "bombs". My best win was that $29.00 horse.
I guess luck has a lot to do with it.

It seems most of us are in agreement with the numbers.
We all do it in a different way.

partsnut 04-11-2009 12:41 PM

Shoeless:
Quote:

Parts,Nice job on spreadsheet but I would include the EPR and FFR as well
.Jeff

Jeff, thanks.
Your the guy that clued me in on this factor.
It's very strong.

I do look at the EPR and FFR but it has no bearing on my pick. It does indicate running style.

partsnut 04-11-2009 12:47 PM

Profiler8:
Quote:

can you give me some information about Paceappraiser to seperate the contenders from the non-contenders ? I am a new user of Paceappraiser. I think should be very useful for figuring out the pace of the race.

Thanks...

Tim, The best thing I can suggest is to read and study Randy's "Extreme Pace Handicapping". It's worth the read at $ 19.95.
This will give you an idea on how to seperate contenders. Randy has the qualification criteria in the book and also has some significant information on his web site.

partsnut 04-11-2009 12:56 PM

Tim Y:
Quote:

Beware Turfway lines being too good
Your read outs are excellent as usual.

I appreciate the word of caution but I make no distinctions
on what track the pacelines transpired.
My basic play is predicated on form, fit, function and the PaceAppraiser Method.

Thank you for your knowlegeable and historical input. I enjoy reading it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.