Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Purchasing Manual Data Input RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5561)

smilingtiger 04-27-2009 07:24 PM

Purchasing Manual Data Input RDSS
 
I'd consider purchasing RDSS, but I'd like it in a manual data input form. The reason for this is that I'd like to be dependant on the internet as little as possible. I also don't like the idea of renting this program. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ted Craven 04-27-2009 08:58 PM

Hi smilingtiger,

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when or if I will get around to making a manual input, commercial version of RDSS. I'm not exactly sure how big the market is for manual input software these days.

Out of curiosity, how much would you pay for an 'owned, not rented', manual input version of RDSS? Perhaps one day I could do a custom programming job?

Cheers,

Ted

smilingtiger 04-28-2009 08:02 AM

Hi Ted. For you to do a custom programming job, you'd probably want 5K or so. Unfortunately that is beyond my financial means.
As to what I'd like to pay (assuming that you made a manual program for commercial sale) I don't know off hand. You'd probably want $500.(at least) And I'd probably want to pay $300. I"m not trying to be insulting or anything.
I'm currently in the research phase (I haven't 'played' the horses since 2003). I'm using a Sartin program called 'Match Up.' Research wise, the results are very good.

Ted Craven 04-28-2009 08:19 AM

smilingtiger,

I wish you the best with your research work. That kind of intellectual endeavour has its own valuable rewards, independent of making money at the races!

One good thing about RDSS (and planned that way), is the financial investment in the software can always be minimal (the intellectual/emotional investment/commitment to learning is always much higher): a single card costs $2.00 and one year costs $100. So if a person ends up not liking RDSS, they've only put out $100 and a few cards worth. If your family has a new baby and you can't work races for 5 years, you haven't paid $1000 for it only to sit on a shelf. If the internet goes poof, you're also not out big bucks (though I think we'd have larger problems than that...). Sort of the same rationale of renting an apartment versus buying a home: there are pros and cons to each. Instead of selling RDSS outright for $1000 (for example), I am 'renting' it (as you say) for $100/year. In this analogy, I really depend on long-term happy/profitable users of my software to make a successful business, but I think that's the way a horse racing software business should be run - person-to-person: happy customers make great sales agents!

Possibly more than you wanted to know, but, just a little insight into my approach. Again, very best wishes on your own handicapping/research efforts!

cheers,

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.