Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Open Multiple Races in RDSS!? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6290)

Ted Craven 11-06-2009 05:12 PM

Open Multiple Races in RDSS!?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I've been experimenting with something:

One of the most irritating limitations of the current software is only 1 open set of Past Performances at a time (guaranteed fixed next version!)

In the current version, try this: simply open a number of separate instances of RDSS at the same time. I'm working forward Breeders' Cup races today, while watching the toteboard, while working WO and AQU in my spare time.

Here's what my Windows Task bar looks like:

Attachment 18043

Each copy of RDSS (5, here) has a separate race's PPs open (and a toteboard, if current). I think the total connections permitted to the database is 10.

I'd be really interested to learn if this works well for anyone else, or, what people encounter. For me at least, a (very) convenient workaround to the limitations in the current software. The memory limitations which caused this to crash when keeping so many races and PPs open are per instance of RDSS.

??

Ted

Ted Craven 11-07-2009 12:28 PM

Here are a few more specific details on opening multiple copies of RDSS showing separate races:


Open 1 RDSS, open a card, pick a race, open the Past Performances. Select 1 paceline from 1 horse (you can remove the paceline after, if you wish).

Now open a 2nd RDSS. Repeat the process, then a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th. I could not open more than 5 separate sessions of RDSS - the 6th crashed when generating the PPs.

If you don't select a paceline for a session, the next session you try to open will fail.

At the moment, I have the first 5 races for OSA today each open with PPs in a separate running RDSS.

I'd appreciate knowing if anyone else can duplicate this.

Remember, you have to choose at least 1 paceline in each session before you can open the next session.

I will investigate further what's happening with those database connections.

:)

Ted

RichieP 11-07-2009 03:37 PM

Hi Ted.
No good here. When I open the 2nd RDSS/race it crashes.

Chazz 11-07-2009 05:49 PM

Hi Ted:
On the third one it crashed.

Bill V. 11-08-2009 09:44 AM

3 rdss
 
Hi Ted
Rdss 1 Philly race 1 Check
Rdss 2 WO race 7 Check
Rdss 3 MNR race 1 CRASH

However Phiily and Woodbine still work

specs on my computer OLD :eek:

Ted Craven 11-08-2009 10:08 AM

Thanks folks - keep it coming.

Although this issue of multiple open race PPs is fixed in the next version, this thread is an attempt to offer some improved use from the current version.

Not sure what the common denominators are for best performance. My computer uses Windows Vista Ultimate, with 3Gb memory. Can't image that the 'Ultimate' version affects anything, and I know that Rich and Mum also have 3 Gb memory too (right?)

Which was why I was interested in a few more folks experience.

Thanks!

Ted

Chazz 11-08-2009 04:56 PM

Ted:

I tried loading RDSS on my laptop, that has Vista home premium 64 Bits

I was able to load it eight times before it froze.

Chazz

barb craven 11-08-2009 09:34 PM

I just loaded 5 races and went back and forth among them several times. Then tried loading a sixth one. It crashed, but the other five remained open.

Mum


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.