Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Belmont Stakes with Valm (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6890)

RAMON201 06-03-2010 12:13 PM

Belmont Stakes with Valm
 
5 Attachment(s)
Here's some readouts with Valm.

Ted Craven 06-08-2010 01:28 PM

Congratulations Ramon - you got Drosselmeyer in the sweet-spot of longshots - the 3rd tier on BL/BL at very bettable odds (especially given Ice Box's favouritism).

Hope you had a few dollars down!

Ted

RAMON201 06-08-2010 04:10 PM

Hi Ted. Yes but you never bet enough at those odds. Thats one of the quirks with Validator. The first and third tier are for win betting and with Ice Box bet down I went with Drosselmeyer. I will say that if the odds on Ice Box would have been 4or5-1 I would have bet both for the win.

Jonathan Steele 07-12-2010 04:56 PM

I miss my Validator. :( Is there any way I can run a DOS program on a Windows 7 operating system?

Thanks,

Jon

Ted Craven 07-12-2010 05:12 PM

Several Validator (and other older DOS apps) users have reported success with Dosbox (www.dosbox.com) under Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Using DOS software with TrackMaster downloads (i.e. where a fixed location of C:\TRKMAST is required for finding files) presents some tricky wrangling, which I can elaborate on if anyone needs it.

Otherwise, software where everything resides on one folder should work fine.

Also - Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate have XP compatibility mode, which requires an extra (free) download from Microsoft. I have not tried this, or heard of success with it, but if it is true XP compatibility, then DOS apps should work, out of the box. Try googling: Win7 XP compatibility mode.

Good luck!

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.