Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Selections (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My Selections For SAX & TUP 12-26-11 (All Races) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8046)

partsnut 12-26-2011 11:44 AM

My Selections For SAX & TUP 12-26-11 (All Races)
 
1 Attachment(s)
My Selections For SAX & TUP 12-26-11 (All Races)

I'm once again testing myself using one of the many programs (MPH) I have accumulated over so many years. I do this "before the fact" because it is my belief that if you can't pick winners "before the fact" you are wasting your time and whatever you are espousing is just meaningless information. It's great to educate but validity goes hand and hand with education. Being a student of Geometry I read the hypothesis and then apply the proof. So, if you wish to educate, please make sure you can validate what you are teaching.

It is not my intention to teach anyone or go into any long winded dissertations for each race that I post as to why a horse will or won't win. I find that to much information may cause an overload and more times then none the information will be misleading. I prefer to keep simple. I'll choose to leave that to those that wish to do so and I have no problem with that. Just make sure that your information is credible.

Here are my picks.
Anyone's opinion is welcome here. Feel free to jump in.

Bill V. 12-26-2011 11:55 AM

Happy Boxing Day
 
Happy Boxing Day Bill

In a recent post on the subject of 1 or 2 horse betting
you seem to support 1 horse betting as the better way to go
I notice that you tend to post two selections per race
May I ask why ?

Thanks and Good Skill
Bill

partsnut 12-26-2011 12:16 PM

Bill V.

Quote:

Happy Boxing Day Bill

In a recent post on the subject of 1 or 2 horse betting
you seem to support 1 horse betting as the better way to go
I notice that you tend to post two selections per race
May I ask why ?

Thanks and Good Skill
Bill
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bill,

Merry Xmas.

I generally choose to bet one horse and have won that way but I am currently working on and testing something (qualifiers) with the use of 2 horses.
I will on occasion bet 2 horses but mostly one horse to win.
I believe there are certain occasions that will justify 2 horse betting to win.

partsnut 12-26-2011 04:23 PM

For those that are interested, I'm testing a 2 horse bet scenario where you have to hit 50% of your bets as opposed to the 60% criteria that has been the Sartin benchmark. You will make less bets and more money.

Being as pace lines are subjective and everyone has their own way of doing things, I will not post the lines that I used.

I will post the results after the races are finished for the day.

partsnut 12-26-2011 05:19 PM

Sneak Preview
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sneak Preview

My bet criteria for 2 horse win bets are as follows.
If either of my choices odds fall below 3-1 I will pass the race.

So far, this is what has transpired. The highlighted green races are winning races and the red highlighted races are losing races.
Right now I'm at over 50% winners which means nothing because none of these races were worth a bet

Bill Lyster 12-26-2011 05:39 PM

SA race 6
 
box the 5 and 6.

partsnut 12-26-2011 07:43 PM

Bill Lyster:
Quote:

box the 5 and 6.
We both had the 5. At $4.80 was not any value.

partsnut 12-26-2011 07:57 PM

Recap
 
1 Attachment(s)
Recap

I lost a total of 3 races ($ 36.00 )
The price of 2 movie tickets ( adults ) and a bag of popcorn. :eek:

rmath 12-27-2011 06:45 PM

Parts , when you do make a play in a race ( both at 3/1 or higher) are you splitting you bet evenly or are you dutching them ?
Thanks
rmath

partsnut 12-28-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmath (Post 76770)
Parts , when you do make a play in a race ( both at 3/1 or higher) are you splitting you bet evenly or are you dutching them ?
Thanks
rmath

Hi Richard,

I split them evenly. In this case it was $6.00 for each horse.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.