|
Dealing with lines shorter than 6F
Hiya, Jeebs
This excellent, excellent question here, I would like to share with you, my following comments:
I truly believe that in the horse handicapping community have struggled with this for many years. I don't know if the few come up trying many different formulas, and finally someone is using extrapolated times. In other words, estimates. When it is determined that this was the best one to use was that the numbers they produced were consistent with the horses' other numbers, and appropriate for the class of race in which they were running.
The 5-1/2s are better than the 5s, but they are mathematically produced estimates. Having said that, you probably have seen enough of them that don't need to worry about the 5-1/2 furlong ratings if they are in line with the horse's other ratings, but always to have our eye out for the 5 furlong lines which are even more of a guess.
Have a great day!
DSL
|