View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #38
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
What was a Friday night lights race?
Jeff nailed it.

We used to have a very informal group participation race each Friday night

We had a blast , I am not sure if we all played the same race
or we each could pick our own races.
The reason I think this is the case was I always mirrored Richie and Jeff's
(shoeless) selections in exactas
I once saw Pino hit a monster long shot at a Pace and Cap gathering
at Pimlico, So I always bet Pino's selection across the board or at least to show. I hit some beauty's betting on line, Just betting along with these guys

There were no money prizes
I was able to offer gifts, Every now and then I would offer baseball hats, T shirts Subway gift cards, stuff like that. (Thank God for that old Donation button ) for the weekly winner.

I was so poor at this time in my life, I was working 12-15 hours a day
Plus I was trying to run Pace and Cap . I was so happy being stuck in my apartment on Friday nights, I know all my success I now have
was cultivated from those early days of VDC Messenger and Pace and Cap
and playing along with our fun group Friday races, Then on the weekends, learning from my dear friend Richie .all day Saturday and Sunday
at the table, in the clubhouse at the Meadowlands

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote