View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #33
winning
Grade 2

Q: I got an error message with RDSS. Message says: RDSS encountered a conflict with another version of the ZIP library it uses and tried to correct the problem.
Please make sure the file XCEEDZIP.DLL exists in your C:\Rdss2 Folder. Please try running RDSS again to see if the problem is resolved. If it isn't resolved please look for the file XCEEDZIP.DLL in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder. If you find it, please either DELETE it or RENAME IT, then run RDSS again.

There was no XCEEDZIP.DLL in my C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder.

Any help from anyone is appreciated. Thank-you, Brian

A: Here is what I sent you by email just now, for others' benefit:

Since the last time you successfully used RDSS on that computer, likely you installed some other software which made use of a ZIP management toolset named XCEEDZIP. Which overwrote the RDSS license info in the Windows registry for that same tool. Or -- some other change happened on your computer recently which de-registered that ZIP tool

Try this:

1. Go to your RDSS folder. Locate a file named REGDLL.BAT. Double-click it to run it. Usually this updates the XCEEDZIP tool to re-license it to RDSS. Then run RDSS to see if that worked.

2. If that doesn't work, uninstall RDSS. Don’t delete your database file (data.db) if asked during the uninstall! Then reinstall RDSS. This will re-register the XCEEDZIP tool to RDSS in the process. Then run RDSS to check.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-21-2017 at 10:39 PM.