Thread: Where is Tim Y?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Jeebs, I think you got an answer to your question! I agree, Dr Tim has a very strong knowledge of the Sartin Methodology and has done the work to come up with his own valuable insights which he has shared over the years. And - there is no question that erudite and respectful debate and contrary opinions about application of Sartinesque methods, including challenge and improvement on traditional ideas - all are welcomed, dare I say needed. No one is banned because they disagree with Sartin, or Bradshaw or Bill V (or me, god forbid).

In person, Tim is very generous and engaging and over the years has given PaceandCap groups a tour of Woodbine behind-the-scenes, for which I thank him.

Alas, his 'bed-side manner' online is incompatible with the style we have at Paceandcap, and has a recurring tendency to provoke inflamed discussion - which cannot just simply be ignored and allowed to 'go off the rails' as it may. At least, not while I am the designated 'curator' here. Everyone who was once banned here and who asked to be reinstated and made a respectful case, I have reinstated, and in Tim's case, about 3 or 4 times (the memory fades). Fool me thrice+ ...

I know he reads this site. If he wants me to publish his email address so people may write him privately, I will.

Meanwhile, let's close this Thread and find some good wagers today!

Cheers,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-13-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Ted Craven is offline