View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

SuperTote Resurrected

Progress report ...

I AM making good progress getting tote data back into RDSS 2.1!

Brisnet has killed off the old Supertote and replaced it with a Mobile version of TwinSpires race day and program info, tote data and results. (Betting still requires a login to the main TwinSpires site.)

The good news - the new 'Supertote' (Mobile TwinSpires) is BETTER than the old one, just like they said (only the Customer Support Staff probably doesn't know how or why it is better - and Brisnet gave NO notice about its replacement )!

Better for a mobile user (i.e. on an iPhone or tablet device), but NOT better for a desktop user, IMO. However, the way data is delivered is much better than before if you know how to deconstruct it. PLUS, tote info remains available for each race after the race has finished, and throughout the entire day. Thus, if you come to a card mid-way through and wish you had tote info (e.g. for your models), or if RDSS crashes and dumps your previous race tote info - you can get it all back now: it's still there on Brisnet's servers through the entire day.

Plus a number of other things:

- no Brisnet account or login required
- ProfitLine available
- mutuel results available (they always were on the old Supertote)
- listing of ALL tracks running today, cancelled tracks (!), current race and MTP, betting closed status, race Off (running) status - just like most ADWs

The above items mean that a TwinSpires account is no longer required for ProfitLine or instant Results. Canadians, International players and residents of US States where TwinSpires is inaccessible no longer need an account.

It will take me maybe another week to get back to where we were before, but I'm adding a bunch of other stuff and will give a video demo when the next release of RDSS 2.1 is ready. (I will not be updating the older RDSS 2.0 - everyone is welcomed to update to RDSS 2.1).

Cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-13-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote