View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Sartin was not a believer in Pars. His concept was that the horses within a race make up the pars for that particular race. Called the Match Up those pars are current and change with every race and each race is different.

Therefore as I stated I don't keep a model and no one needs to in order to become a winner. The convergence of factors is the Match Up or pars for that race. This old model concept and or Pars is 1990 or before concepts that have been refined and superseded. Forget about it, waste of time.

From my Beginners thread: A Model / Profile is not needed in order to win." pg.14 FU 80 "However all potential bias is factored in to the V/DC output." The match-up has also been honed to its finest over the years and is considered within the V/DC factor which really eliminates the need for any model. Sartin's treatment is basically do no harm, a good solution in treatment to old school ideas that refuse to die. They also live on only because the good Doctor is no longer with us.

Collect data on Factors and it'll be much more rewarding than man made Pars etc. In fact data on Factors isn't necessary either, but for a newbie it'll give insight into what's important and what's not important. I would recommend that, once know its redundant to keep further data as it won't change to any meaningful degree.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote