View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up Again, Good Job Richie

Thanks for confirming that. To me the standout example races are the Shilee race, the RedZipper race and the Storm n Lightning race. I'm gonna stick to looking for races like those and work on running styles to firmly implant those in my head. Did'nt realize it, but SPOT PLAY EARLY and Running Styles are almost like a pre-school MatchUp teachin system Mr. Bradshaw devised.
The MatchUp seemed to not have a particular starting point, besides "find the horse who ran the best the fastest". Even this sometimes this is surrounded with the MatchUp premise of "Intuition" and "Feel".
But with the above example races, "Spot Play Early" is easy to recognize....these horses are either "Lone Early" or noticeably much faster in their first 2 calls than any other early horse in the race.
I'm gonna stick to this for a while and work on mastering the Running Style of the horses. This Spot Play Early is a great system for implanting this pattern in your mind. When you can do this all the time, Intuition and Feel fall right in line, at least with "this" spot play.
Until this basic of Running Style and Spot Play is mastered, not gonna worry about the "other" parts of the MatchUp, for it would be futile. If I dont see this spot play, I'll pass the race.
Thanks for the example races Richie, good explanations, especially the constant reminder of a horse to "Fight" or be a "Fighter".
I'm gonna work on this basic until a automatic pattern forms in my mind.......the kind of pattern that forms like ring around your forehead......formed by a "Hat" being on your head.
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw