Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS6916
it's better than nothing, but this only gets a golf clap from me.
I find it kinda convenient for them to make this decision
AFTER Medina Spirit didn't win the Preakness.
Timing also counts. So this statement rings hollow to me.
“In order to maintain a successful thoroughbred racing industry in New York, NYRA must protect the integrity of the sport for our fans,
the betting public and racing participants,” said NYRA President and CEO Dave O’Rourke.
“That responsibility demands the action taken today in the best interests of thoroughbred racing.”
Maybe "taking a STAND" like this will occur about 4 days earlier given
similar circumstances in the future.
then I'll come out with thunderous applause. Not until then.
|
I am inclined to agree with you but New York may have been forced to wait to make their decision.
Prior to the Kentucky Derby many betting outlets took bets on horses to win the Triple Crown. New York may have been forced to wait until the bets on Medina Spirit were resolved.
Medina Spirit was +6600 to win the Triple Crown.