View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 10:51 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Alabama Stakes 2023

First off, today's Alabama Stakes.

Name:  Alabama 2023.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  160.2 KB


Result 8 - 2 - 10


My own bets:

Win Dutch on 8-2, my key horses (won). The #2 Wet Paint was clearly top rated and I also included the #8 Randomized (winner) because it was the clearest Early horse and also had 3 decent 4-Factors, pretty good Workout figs and a generous 8-1 price (settled at 7-1)

I also bet an Exacta 8-2 / 1 (lost) and an Exacta box of 2-3-8 (won).
I was suspicious of #10 Defined although others made a good case for her. I think someone had the Trifecta.

This race put me nicely in a profit for the day and not bad profit for the 2 days, despite a few bloopers and missed wagering actions which we deconstructed in some detail at the Friday evening workshop (Friday Aug 18 Race 7, won by #6 Blue Devil). More on that race to follow ... !

Others who had good Alabama Stakes experience, please feel free to chime in! And ANY other races you played and won, or lost but learned some valuable lessons you want to share with the group.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote