|
Hey Jeff
I have not used Perceptor so I am not sure how it picks lines. To be honest though, picking the pacelines is my favorite part of the methodology, so I would be loath to give that up.
One thing I love about RDSS is that Ted gives us 3 categories to group the horses in. My experience is that the ones in the top contender area are not influenced by ones in the lower two rungs. So in the top area, it will show the horse only rated against each other. So it might be the 1 EPR at top, but then a lower rung might also have a 1. This is incredibly useful to me. I only put the horses I think can win and place in the top primary / contender rung.
I use the next rung for first time starters and foreign horses and horses I am confused on. Like if a horse has a recent line off a layoff and then a line 9 months ago, I will put him in the rung with both lines selected and use that (usually on the PoH screen) to compare both his first line back to his previous form before the layoff.
The lowest rung I will put horses that I don't consider have any chance. If I see they are getting lots of action though, I will go back to the horse's page and try to look at all the lines and see if the action is from just a class drop or maybe in a similar circumstance he did well and if I find something I might click a second line and move him up to the middle tier.
All this flexibility makes RDSS an insanely useful tool for me to analyze and compare the horses to each other.
|