View Single Post
Old 07-21-2026, 01:32 PM   #7
kahunab
Grade 1
 
kahunab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 318
Ted,
I will try to answer your questions one at a time by breaking them out.

What use do you make of this data?

What prompted the study was I noticed in my handicapping how often a good Frl-E score was a part of the Win and Place horses profile. I still select my contenders with the RMath scores, RX3 and the Leverage Pace scores. When used together these 3 are very powerful contender selectors.

Name:  CD9 1May LP.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  128.8 KB

How does it help you refine your contender and betting choices, so far?
I then use the BL/BL screen and New Pace to select my Key horse. Fractal scores are a great help in making my choice for Key and Companion horses.

Name:  CD9 1May BLbl - Copy.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  128.6 KB

Name:  CD9 1May NewP.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  93.0 KB

Do you find it helps narrow betting prospects in ways that other factors (VDC, BLBL, Profitline/PrimePower, Rx3) do not?
No but it does add another handicapping tool to the tool box. Based on the analysis data below, if we know that the exacta is in the top 5 Fractals ~83%, I think that helps us pick our exacta horses. According to this data we can reach the 55% solution by boxing the top 4 Early Fractal horses in Dirt Sprints.

Name:  FRL Top 5.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  26.9 KB

Or was this an inquiry so far to see what's what - if there was anything useful?

I just did the study this last week, so I have not used the data from the study all that much. I do think that the Early Fractal becomes more powerful with cheaper tracks and cheaper horses, but I don’t have the definitive data to prove it.
__________________
Haakon 47


'Something magical happens when you bring together a group of people from different disciplines with a common purpose.' Mark Stefik Palo Alto Research Centre Fellow
kahunab is offline   Reply With Quote