|
I think for the most part I agree with what you are stating here Tompkins. For me, mechanical approaches to playing the races has not been real successful. I do better with "pattern recognition" and repetition in knowing what works at the tracks I play with the software I am using.
While reading and learning the Sartin Methodology late in my handicapping life, I have grown a great respect for many of the ideas espoused in the Follow-ups. Many concepts I read about from the 80's and 90's still work pretty darn well today. Obviously, there were/are many talented cappers at the forefront of the Sartin methods. When I read things, like don't use any paceline over 7.5 furlongs, I do not really take it as an absolute, but as a guideline to most players that if you choose a paceline out of that realm, use extreme caution.
I think most people would like a rigid set of rules, follow them, and be able to just walk up to the collection window. Tompkins, I think your stating that it doesn't work that way, and for the most part, I agree.
Jim
|