|
I have been a regular player at CBY since they opened in 1985, I may be one of the last of this group remaining. All the people that I hanged out with in the first 10 years or so are gone. Most of them quit becouse the game was tough and they lost money. The VAST magority of their losses where on exactas , Tris and the like. These people are gone most likely for good , CBY will not be getting action from them.
When you create DIFFICULT wagers with the lure of of a big payoff it is easy to see that you will have a high risk of tapping out your customer and making them into a former customer.
Race tracks are NOT casinos but yet race tracks seek to find new ways into making their betting into a PROP CRAPS bet.They do this with the ADDED BENEFIT of FLEECING their customers out of an additional 8, 9 10 plus % takeout, Their thinking: we are stupid that we won't notice the higher takeout becouse of the larger payout. Higher takeout = More Lossing players
which= more players who are out of betting funds.
Mike.
|