Thread: Power Moves
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
I saw #6 ovetaking #3 in straight in that race, so chucked #3 and went #6

Was this wrong Richie? if so can you explain why??
There is absolutely NO right or wrong Charlie and here is why.

When Jim was very ill he had a LONG talk with me about the matchup. He laid out WHY it was so important to lay out for folks what he had shown me and then STEP BACK from everything. WHY?

He explained that everyone has a different Mind's Eye or way they "see" a race. He told me he taught me VERY differently from say the Parente brothers who he also hand taught his methodology to. Reason being he saw early on through his "interviewing" me well before he started actually teaching me that I absorbed his methodology when being taught a SPECIFIC way. He told me he taught EACH of his half dozen one on one students differently.

This understanding and identifying each INDIVIDUALS way of LEARNING is the very LAST thing he wanted me AWARE of and working on so in the future I could pick up on and help a couple of folks teaching them as the UNIQUE people they are. After identifying HOW they learned best and creating a way to teach them matching the outline with their Mind's Eye. These conversations I had with him even though this was when he was VERY ill were by FAR the DEEPEST talks he ever had with me and that is saying an awful lot.

Remember under that black Stetson of his lied a brain and a man who had master degrees up the wazoo from TEACHING. He was an elementary and high school teacher before he switched exclusively to track and field work with his young ones.

YOU have hit races Charlie that even after knowing who won I could NOT bet and lost the race you won! Same with Mikesal. I look at folks posts who I know are into applying/learning matchup concepts without saying anything openly as far as posting. I am practicing some things Jim told me to look for in peoples selections that will open my eyes and show me how THEY think as individuals. Mike hit some bombs last week in selections that NO way in heck would I have man. Same with you!

Trust YOUR Mind's Eye. It is unique to you and will talk to ONLY you ok?

Hope this made sense as things have been REAL weird here lately
RichieP is offline